Upper Midwest IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO,OH, WI, SD, ND

almost totalled my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 07:21 AM

almost totalled my car

Here's the situation.

I found out I had a leaking Fuel injector. the seals are bad, so fuel is just dumping into cyl 4. So I was getting on the highway to go to my friend's shop to pick up my other fuel rail so i can swap the injectors and seals. On my way to the on ramp, it started pouring down rain. I get on the highway doing about 50mph, as I go to nerge, I feel the back end swing out in my alty, I guess I hydroplaned. my car spun around at least 4 times that I was able to count. I shifted it into nuetral while spinning heading towards the center concrete divide. This seems a lot like De Javu from 5 yrs ago when I spun out in my pontiac on the same highway in the opposite direction on black ice and smashed in the back end of it. I tried to regain control while i was spinning but i couldnt. I stopped about 1 1/2" from the wall. I got out a looked. I was scared ****less. since there was also oncoming traffic, If I had hit the wall, i would most likely have bounced off the wall and back into the flow of traffic and stand the chance of getting hit again. Luckily that didnt happen. But once traffic cleared i pulled back on the highway and stopped underneath a bridge with this guy who was out riding his Suzuki GSXR 750. I was pretty shaken, so I got out the car and started to talk to him. within a matter of seconds, I hear screaching, and a Grand Cherokee Loredo spun out in the same spot and slammed into the wall. then I look down the highway at oncoming traffic, and a blazer spun out abou 1/4 mile back and flipped a few times. What a ****ed up day...By the way, then I ran out of gas. My leaky injector is dumping too much gas into the cylinders
Old 06-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Re: almost totalled my car

Originally posted by altima/240sx
Here's the situation.

I found out I had a leaking Fuel injector. the seals are bad, so fuel is just dumping into cyl 4. So I was getting on the highway to go to my friend's shop to pick up my other fuel rail so i can swap the injectors and seals. On my way to the on ramp, it started pouring down rain. I get on the highway doing about 50mph, as I go to nerge, I feel the back end swing out in my alty, I guess I hydroplaned. my car spun around at least 4 times that I was able to count. I shifted it into nuetral while spinning heading towards the center concrete divide. This seems a lot like De Javu from 5 yrs ago when I spun out in my pontiac on the same highway in the opposite direction on black ice and smashed in the back end of it. I tried to regain control while i was spinning but i couldnt. I stopped about 1 1/2" from the wall. I got out a looked. I was scared ****less. since there was also oncoming traffic, If I had hit the wall, i would most likely have bounced off the wall and back into the flow of traffic and stand the chance of getting hit again. Luckily that didnt happen. But once traffic cleared i pulled back on the highway and stopped underneath a bridge with this guy who was out riding his Suzuki GSXR 750. I was pretty shaken, so I got out the car and started to talk to him. within a matter of seconds, I hear screaching, and a Grand Cherokee Loredo spun out in the same spot and slammed into the wall. then I look down the highway at oncoming traffic, and a blazer spun out abou 1/4 mile back and flipped a few times. What a ****ed up day...By the way, then I ran out of gas. My leaky injector is dumping too much gas into the cylinders
sounds like one hell uva day u had there!! @ least ur alright and ur ride is no worse 4 the wear. glad 2 hear ur alright, though...
Old 06-09-2003, 07:43 AM

thanks. And i had just gotten my altima back about 3 days prior too. the last thing I wanted to do was crash it