Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Ls1 powered 240sx Drifting...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

calm down please i just asked a question.. its great that he does his work.. he seems like a real guy, its pretty common. I do all of my own work to
ma'am so trust me i know what it feels like to create a car from scratch, i have done it many times over. i was just making a statement.

not only on this site but all others, you just have to be able to take whatever comments you get. I personally have been fried before for displaying my street drifting and i got tired people judging me without know who the hell i was. once again if you really think the comments were negative.. try zilvia
Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Well, true, he shouldn't drift in the streets, but it's retarded because most of us do. Whether we set out to do it, or it "just happens" we all, in some shape or form have played around on public roads or in parking lots.

I mean, look at me, I'm a professionally licensed instructor with the SCCA and I still have my fun whenever conditions permit, that doesn't mean that I go out and intentionally swing the tailend around through turns, but it does mean that I have a few closed out parking lots that I have had, and still have, my fun in.

What Donny is saying isn't anything negative about his drifting in the streets, he's just stating the fact that when you're in the military, you have to be very careful with who finds out what you do. I know this because I'm a former US Marine (OO RAH) and I know the perils of your CO finding out about your "foolishness". He also states that he just doesn't do it anymore. He never once degraded you or your boyfriend for your actions, he just was wondering why you posted this for him and not have him post it himself.

Furthermore, and this is why I believe that females can never truly be competitive in the sport of auto racing, if things that people say are bothering you that much, you need to make sure that what you post, when you post, where you post and how you post have no effect on anyone what so ever. If you can't do that, which NONE of us can, then you need to simply stop posting.

-Dave
Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
calm down please i just asked a question.. its great that he does his work.. he seems like a real guy, its pretty common. I do all of my own work to
ma'am so trust me i know what it feels like to create a car from scratch, i have done it many times over. i was just making a statement.

not only on this site but all others, you just have to be able to take whatever comments you get. I personally have been fried before for displaying my street drifting and i got tired people judging me without know who the hell i was. once again if you really think the comments were negative.. try zilvia
lol urs werent negative...others were. i am on ziliva too...just didnt post it there. i didnt mean to make it look like i was saying that about ur post...i guess i should have posted it all? i dont know lol ill post his track vid once i get it.. i can take the comments...it does bother me like u said...cuz they dont know him u know? i didnt mean any offense to ya
Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM

You may not be posting for him but it would be nice if he was on here and could clear up issue without an inbetween. People who have done this swap have done all the work themselves. For those who dont know the Hinson "kit" is just a bunch of metal plates that you still have to weld yourself. Its far from a bolt in mount kit. If you can handle that you realize that you dont need the "kit" at all.

As far as the street stuff goes don't listen to them. They like to complain and say they dont do it but in reality they aren't at events they are in front of their keyboards. Thats why they don't. I think its fair to say everyone has gotten supid on the street before at least once.

Your mans car sounds mean. Hope he gets some track timw with it.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Well, true, he shouldn't drift in the streets, but it's retarded because most of us do. Whether we set out to do it, or it "just happens" we all, in some shape or form have played around on public roads or in parking lots.

I mean, look at me, I'm a professionally licensed instructor with the SCCA and I still have my fun whenever conditions permit, that doesn't mean that I go out and intentionally swing the tailend around through turns, but it does mean that I have a few closed out parking lots that I have had, and still have, my fun in.

What Donny is saying isn't anything negative about his drifting in the streets, he's just stating the fact that when you're in the military, you have to be very careful with who finds out what you do. I know this because I'm a former US Marine (OO RAH) and I know the perils of your CO finding out about your "foolishness". He also states that he just doesn't do it anymore. He never once degraded you or your boyfriend for your actions, he just was wondering why you posted this for him and not have him post it himself.

Furthermore, and this is why I believe that females can never truly be competitive in the sport of auto racing, if things that people say are bothering you that much, you need to make sure that what you post, when you post, where you post and how you post have no effect on anyone what so ever. If you can't do that, which NONE of us can, then you need to simply stop posting.

-Dave
i didnt mean for it to sound like his comments were negative..they werent. I dont think there is really a "safe" place to post where u dont get flamed by someone or the other. he actually told me i would get flamed and what not...but whatever lol i got flamed for not using the search feature at one site so its not like im not used it...but still...its like donny? i guess said...no one knows him and are trashing him...i just dont like it. anyway...about the whole female thing in autoracing..uh...i personally dont think i could do it cuz i dont think i could handle the car...but im sure there are some girls that could? who knows...id love to learn to drift but not this car lol i want a nice beater car that wont matter if the fender falls off? lol alexis

Last edited by lexidrifts13; 04-15-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by down_shift
You may not be posting for him but it would be nice if he was on here and could clear up issue without an inbetween. People who have done this swap have done all the work themselves. For those who dont know the Hinson "kit" is just a bunch of metal plates that you still have to weld yourself. Its far from a bolt in mount kit. If you can handle that you realize that you dont need the "kit" at all.

As far as the street stuff goes don't listen to them. They like to complain and say they dont do it but in reality they aren't at events they are in front of their keyboards. Thats why they don't. I think its fair to say everyone has gotten supid on the street before at least once.

ya...i can try to get him to join. i didnt think there would be questions about it really lol am i lame? lol ya...i read on Ls1tech about alot of them. i saw this one guy putting it in an rx7 too....but i think my bf was saying its an easier swap. i know there are hella ppl that can do the work themselves...and im in awe of each of them. to see a car with no engine at all...and then to see it with one and it actually starts...lol thats just awesome to me. i know everyone does the "illegal" thing here and there..its all good. i think i may have had a midol moment. lol im better now he is track racing it today. drift battle at the altamont in tracy..should be sweet. at least its legal!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Contributing Member

check you pm lexi
Old 04-15-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
check you pm lexi
there is nothing new in there? AIM me?
Contributing Member

someone can close this now, theres nothing good coming from it, take it to PM if you have more to say..
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by down_shift

lol know what are you talking about. now you are passing judgment on the rest of the forum, people whom you know nothing about. if you must know i still drift in undisclosed places i just happen not to record it or promote it. what track events have you done...................