Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Some Questions About SR Internals for rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:51 PM

Some Questions About SR Internals for rebuild

Im going through making a list to order as soon as i get the rest of my cash for my rebuild. Im at the valvetrain.. what brand springs would any one reccomend? and are the titanium retainers worth the $$ that are for sale on srparts.com ?? Im thinking of going with HKS 264 step 2 Cam, HKS cam gears, Greddy rocker arm stoppers. Do i need any sort of seat locators? I also plan on doing a 3 angle valve job and porting and polishing the heads. I dont have the slightest on how to do the valve job or porting and and polishing the heads, but my grandpa has been a machinest and a foreman at carquest ( a machine shop) for the last 40 years, so hes teching me how to balance my engine and do all this crazy stuff hes learned from building race engines for 40 years. and input will help me decide what valve springs and retainers to get, or even new valves? they dont have any on srparts.com thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

first off is there a reason for all the work. i did a lot of work on my sr, but its a track car and i felt certain things needed to be done. i for one wouldnt do all that stuff if i were you. if you want a strong sr. get the rocker stoppers, arp head studs, metal head gasket, bigger turbo, bigger injectors, and some ability to tune (as in: flashed ecu, piggy back ecu, stand alone, etc..) all this will still be less than all the work your wanting to do. youll definitley get more this way also.