General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

240sx 101

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:48 PM

another pissing contest :P

close thread before it gets any worse?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
dont worry about "speed" learn how to drive it first and work on handeling. Just my opinion
YES... someone finally understands how to learn how to drive the car... for instance, the first mod i ever did to my 240 was put tein s-tech springs and new shocks on my car.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:22 PM

simply amazing topic's
Old 02-13-2006, 08:12 PM

Yeah disturbing to say the least........
Old 02-14-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by Dj Suppai Saru
It's not civics I hate. It's the 7/10 people that own them. Its the cut springs with the flashy, ridiculous rims, its the guys with enough money to put on a coffee can exhaust tip, but not enought money to fix that cheapo altezza hanging by a couple wires. Its the guys with unpainted body kits. The ones that want to race you if you so much as pass them up on the road. Its the guys that can somehow afford the lilly violet maaco paintjob, but are rolling on steelies. It's the plastic spinners with the ridiculous illegal window tint and chrome windsheild wipers.

And don't pretend you guys don't know what I'm talking about. half the civics I see are stock under the hood, but they have more aftermarket exterior parts that look like they were bought at toys r us than one can deal with.

With that thought out there. I think honda's are great cars with quality build. Just stop with the rice, its killing the worlds view of car enthusiasts.

OHFG ROFLMAO.. a few years back when i first got my civic, i was cruising along and in front of me was an old (late 80's) accord with an actual coffee can as the exhaust tip.. i believe it was folgers.. i just busted out laughing. i think this guy did this on purpose or lost a bet because i dont think anyone has the ***** to leave a actual coffee can on the muffler. you just saw this 4.5 or 5 inch can and the TINY center cut out in the center.. LOL ah memories.....

MY CIVIC 89 EF DX was stock and was kept that way.. well besides the $10 cup holders and the bigger rear view mirror. was keepin it real... 70WHP WOOOooo! had some great times driving to whistler from vancouver. sweet twisty roads. never had any major problems with my civic.. just typical things going for an old car. but i wouldnt buy another civic unless it was 2006 and up. i just found them a bit too weak.

i dont like preludes.. iono why just never liked them. tegs are ok.. my sis has an 2000 ITR and I LOVE that car. Honda's are great.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Contributing Member

honda does make some badass N/A motors... especially the one that came in the 2.5 generation legend GS models... 3.2L, I think (not sure) it had like 230 HP from the factory, and the GS models had a 6 speed manual tranny.... mmm... thats a fun car to drive.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Contributing Member

yah... something about those Legends. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I love those things. I'd take an ITR over any other two door fwd too.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

Wow this thread is great....how did this turn into a civic hater fest???

All of you SHUT UP and contribute to the thread...stop going off topic, thats my job

To the original poster:

1. They can be pretty reliable if taken care of. Make sure to check the car out well before purchasing making sure there is no wierd noises or problems (Since you were driving since the tender age of 13, im sure you can inspect a car )

2. Top speed says 110 on the spedo, if you want to attemt to go faster, which it can, dont come crying to us when you crash and hurt yourself or worse, someone else. I went through that "Need for speed phase" and have moved on. I suggest you skip that phase to keep YOURSELF and OTHERS safe. Driving since 13 does not make a difference. I dont care if your the almity Mario Andreti, if something jumps in front of you at that speed, YOU WILL CRASH.

3. Rival? Ummm....No comment

4. Good choice for a good car is a vague question. Any car can be a good choice. Honestly, 240s can be reliable cars but have no where near the reliability of a Honda/Acura. This is coming from a Diehard Nissan fan. Ive owned two You dont know very much about 240s so a better suggestion would be something reliable like a civic (to commute during college, you are going to college right???) unless you really want a RWD car. As far as I can see, the bandwagon is calling you and your hopping on.

And time to be nice...dont crash, have fun, and good luck

Last edited by Fast1One; 02-14-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:41 AM

hehe, reliability, my stepdads KA24E, lasted 358,000 . Hows that for reliability lol. Then something really bad happend. I think he cracked the block or something. I dunno but the radiator would hold water just dumped straight into the oil.....maybe a extreamly blowed up head gasket, I still think the block is cracked. Well, regaurdless that was the worst looking oil i have ever seen, remeinded me of chocolate milk.

Last edited by barcode; 02-18-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Contributing Member

oh yeah? have you ever seen oil that when it came out it was so thick and oxidized it came out like a turd? Literally, it came out like dog crap. Plop....Plop...Plop... it was semi-solid... oh yeah this was in my uncle's 1984 celebrity... he drove it 2 years with no maintenance (170k when he got it, 192k when he was done) did nothing to the car except put gas in it. We drained he oil and thas what it was like... a big oily turd.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:31 PM

I thought I closed this? This thread is done, no need for it to continue.