General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

DAMN is it just me or did the biggest idiot bandwagon hit us 240 owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 08:28 PM

yeah dude your car is the sechs can i touch your engine bay? it's so pretty haha
Old 11-13-2005, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by xXsilviaXx
anyone like the buyer application idea? hahaha
If only i could of done that when i worked at Nissan for all the fools who wanted the specv and the Z, the dumbest thing i heard was, why is the ride stiff on the Z from this old dude, i'm like um Sir it's a sports car... If you want something softer you can try the Maxima SL ...
Old 11-13-2005, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by xXsilviaXx
yeah dude your car is the sechs can i touch your engine bay? it's so pretty haha
its a photogenic motor .. lol it's accually dirty in a nice need of a detailing
Old 11-13-2005, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by Shri222
If only i could of done that when i worked at Nissan for all the fools who wanted the specv and the Z, the dumbest thing i heard was, why is the ride stiff on the Z from this old dude, i'm like um Sir it's a sports car... If you want something softer you can try the Maxima SL ...
i'm just gonna say wow.

Last edited by xXsilviaXx; 11-13-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:42 PM

o does anyone subscribe to SCC? the grandma test in the ultimate street car challenge is a funny read haha. fading daze retirement home haha.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:15 PM

Originally posted by Jack The GTR
your car is sweet with that ca18det...so you are excused for your extremely low post count. join us in good times
LMAO, I guess there are certain exceptions......
Old 11-13-2005, 09:45 PM

You know what's lame is this whole omg bandwagon riceboi invasion paranoia. Who cares, you can't do **** about it, and all that this needless whining about the inexorable approach of F&F3 does is make people think that they'll get peer approval for making stupid comments like this one I read not 5 minutes ago in a thankfully-locked thread.

Originally posted by StudentDrifter
I bet 5 years ago you thought Honda's were the best cars ever made but then you heard about drifting, so you jumped on the bandwagon and now hate Honda's & think 240's are the best.
This dude's jumping on the xenophobic 240sx owner bandwagon! Hell, his NAME is 'StudentDrifter' and somehow he's missed the irony of his own words.

Just keep doing what you've been doing, build your car however YOU like it, and maybe if you can stretch your mind open enough to swallow the concept, consider the possibility that all the 'cheap parts' for hondas that I see getting *****ed about are because of the publicity and subsequent popularity that was generated for them in part by F&F. Sure, I hated it too, but people are getting so damn spastic about it I'm worried that my local movie theater is going to be stormed by club240 militia members on the opening day of F&F3. Chill out people.

P.S. I guess this is kind of a controversial first post around here, but that doesn't make me any less right. Just wanted to say hi, and say that I'm hoping I can contribute back even a small percentage of what I've already learned at this site.

Last edited by IMPerfection; 11-13-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:01 PM

I seen this thread while browsing the forums from my cellphone at work and had to run home during my lunch break to comment. First off, Vinnie, thank you for making this thread. Exactly how I feel. So many new people that don't even own a 240sx that ask the same questions: "where can I get an SR20", "How much for an SR", "what is the hp of an SR", "what do I need to drift", etc... stupid questions that can be answered in 5 minutes if they would just take the time to search the net.

Also the new guys that come here and the first words out of there mouths are "I'm getting an SR and I am going to drift"....my thoughts, "your gonna wreck your ****". Too many kids think they can be a super drifter when they have only been driving for a few months and have never driven a RWD vehicle in their lives...your gonna wreck.

Well my lunch break is about over, when I get off work I'll be coming back and adding more to this.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:11 PM

Maybe we should simply create a forum for newbie questions...that is, make a "new members post here" forum or something that would be the ONLY forum that you can post in until around 25 posts...I know that sounds odd coming from me since I'm still a newb here too, but I think it's a good idea. That way it'd give people time to ask all their initial questions, and be flamed at the same time.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 PM

You should make on the user registration sign up sheet put the vin numbers of their 240 so there isn't more of the, "Yeah I'm getting a 240 and yea. So what can I expect to pay, I'm 15 right now on my learners permit."
Old 11-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member

i just hate when i pull up anywhere and im bashed because i will not put a SR in my car.

but i make a lot of money working on 240s its cool
Old 11-14-2005, 01:12 AM

Originally posted by Zephyr
You should make on the user registration sign up sheet put the vin numbers of their 240 so there isn't more of the, "Yeah I'm getting a 240 and yea. So what can I expect to pay, I'm 15 right now on my learners permit."
What about the people who don't own a 240, but are serious about getting one? Plus you could always put in some random VIN to get past this. Then again, people who ask dumb questions like that probably aren't smart enough to think about that.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 AM

Originally posted by IMPerfection
You know what's lame is this whole omg bandwagon riceboi invasion paranoia. Who cares, you can't do **** about it, and all that this needless whining about the inexorable approach of F&F3 does is make people think that they'll get peer approval for making stupid comments like this one I read not 5 minutes ago in a thankfully-locked thread.

This dude's jumping on the xenophobic 240sx owner bandwagon! Hell, his NAME is 'StudentDrifter' and somehow he's missed the irony of his own words.

Just keep doing what you've been doing, build your car however YOU like it, and maybe if you can stretch your mind open enough to swallow the concept, consider the possibility that all the 'cheap parts' for hondas that I see getting *****ed about are because of the publicity and subsequent popularity that was generated for them in part by F&F. Sure, I hated it too, but people are getting so damn spastic about it I'm worried that my local movie theater is going to be stormed by club240 militia members on the opening day of F&F3. Chill out people.

P.S. I guess this is kind of a controversial first post around here, but that doesn't make me any less right. Just wanted to say hi, and say that I'm hoping I can contribute back even a small percentage of what I've already learned at this site.
its just like how SRT-4 owners are all labeled dip****s because of a few owners who are dicks. my friend chris got his 05 SRT like a week ago and loves the **** out of it but no one gives you the nod like how evo/sti people always wave or rev at us (evo/sti friend combo ftw)

wow i went off topic but **** it ive already made my point in this thread
Old 11-14-2005, 03:43 AM

Originally posted by s13 240
I seen this thread while browsing the forums from my cellphone at work and had to run home during my lunch break to comment. First off, Vinnie, thank you for making this thread. Exactly how I feel. So many new people that don't even own a 240sx that ask the same questions: "where can I get an SR20", "How much for an SR", "what is the hp of an SR", "what do I need to drift", etc... stupid questions that can be answered in 5 minutes if they would just take the time to search the net.

Also the new guys that come here and the first words out of there mouths are "I'm getting an SR and I am going to drift"....my thoughts, "your gonna wreck your ****". Too many kids think they can be a super drifter when they have only been driving for a few months and have never driven a RWD vehicle in their lives...your gonna wreck.
Time for me to finish my thoughts.

Now I'm not saying I think all these new super wannabe drifters are going to wreck because I think the SR is the god of engines, I am saying this because most of them have only driven FF their entire lives and have no experience in a FR sporty coupe. Truthfully I think the chances of them wrecking with the stock KA is also very high and bound to happen. Due to the lack of experience, if they swap in the SR, due to everyone thinking it is gods gift to tuners, get in that mind set that they are invincible and because they have the SR they think they can drift on a professional level.

Another thing is why do so many noobs want a 240 to drift? There are so many other cars that are well suited for drifting, some more so than the 240sx. These noobs seen a 240 drift in a video and now they must have this car. From that, they get it in their heads the 240 is strictly a drift car and that is all its good for, which is pure bull****. Drives me crazy...

I know people say we have to be nice because they are the next generation of tuners and enthusiasts, but honestly, if the next generation of enthusiasts demand to be spoon fed everything about their cars like most noobs and are too stubborn to learn on their own and do things on their own, it makes me wish that the scene would end and tuning would stop. All they have to do is take some time, research, differentiate the facts from the bull****, and do this on their own without us telling them to do so. I lurked around these forums for about a year, just reading and taking in tons of info, before I even registered and started posting.

As far as age is concerned, I have had a 240 since I was about 16 1/2 (I'm 20 now, 5 months till 21) so I can't really say much about younger 240 owners signing up, but like I said, I lurked for a long time and read up on stuff, I didn't just sign up right away and ask which engine my car has...I have no problem with young 240 owners, as long as they are willing to research some before they start asking questions. Now for the wannabe 240 owners. I don't think you should have to own a 240 to join this site, but everything from above applies to them. If you are truly an enthusiast and this hobby is truly where your heart lies, do yourself a favor and spend time reading and researching....

I guess thats all I pretty much have to say right now, hope it came across correctly, but take it for what its worth.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 AM

^^^ some good ideas up there!! before you can register for this site mods should make a questionare or something. make sure they know stuff.

Quick Reply: DAMN is it just me or did the biggest idiot bandwagon hit us 240 owners