General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

kk suckas, got my wang

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

Ga, fighting on the internet is so stupid. It gets no where.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry about that.

I really like your exhaust. I'm probably going to end up going with a cheapo Megan Racing system.

-Justin
Old 07-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Justin.B ... Vinnie knows his stuff man.

He said that 3" is bad with an N/A engine.
You tried to prove him wrong with the dyno sheet.
HOWEVER, the Dyno CLEARLY states that a 2.5" exhaust was used, WHICH in-fact, is what both myself and Vinnie are trying to tell you.

The 2.5" is better on N/A no doubt, however, since he is going RB, 3" is fine. We're not saying 3" doesn't add power, we're jsut saying you can get MORE with a 2.5"

Lets stop arguing.

Th3Br4d .... looks nice man! I'll be putting the Apexi N1 2.5" on mine!

IBTL
Old 07-16-2005, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by Cape 240
Hey Justin.B ... Vinnie knows his stuff man.

He said that 3" is bad with an N/A engine.
You tried to prove him wrong with the dyno sheet.
HOWEVER, the Dyno CLEARLY states that a 2.5" exhaust was used, WHICH in-fact, is what both myself and Vinnie are trying to tell you.

The 2.5" is better on N/A no doubt, however, since he is going RB, 3" is fine. We're not saying 3" doesn't add power, we're jsut saying you can get MORE with a 2.5"

Lets stop arguing.

Th3Br4d .... looks nice man! I'll be putting the Apexi N1 2.5" on mine!

IBTL
Thank YOU CAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No argueing here.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Now my Dyno is acceptible?

Vinnie, for just about every na KA application, the 2.5 is going to be the right exhaust. If you manage to raise the redline of the motor, 2.5 will eventually become a bottleneck.

In any case, the 3" will show gains in this application. All your exhaust is belong to 3" pipe.

-Justin
Old 07-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Vinnie, send me a PM with your AIM or MSN.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

i really like the exhaust, personally i would buy an ssautochrome and i would still be able to buy coca cola brand soft drinks
Old 07-16-2005, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by Justin.b
Now my Dyno is acceptible?

Vinnie, for just about every na KA application, the 2.5 is going to be the right exhaust. If you manage to raise the redline of the motor, 2.5 will eventually become a bottleneck.

In any case, the 3" will show gains in this application. All your exhaust is belong to 3" pipe.

-Justin
Dude my only beef is people assuming that 3" pipe is better which it's not for a 4banger N/A application.
The fact I hear 14WHP gains from just exhaust is also incorrect.
My beef isn't with you or with a 3" exhaust.
My beef is that people feel they will get larger gains from 3" exhaust which is false and has been reckognized in the tuner world for years.
My beef with the Mustang dyno, is very simply put that it is not a KA dyno with 3" pipe which is what I wanted to validate my point, it kind of goes off topic when you mention a different type of engine to it's application, it just doesn't prove your point any better.
On the other hand like I said before, a V8 achieves 1/8 of it's power per piston, within 4 compression strokes, those HP numbers although showing large gains cannot be compared to that of a KA that achieves most of it's power per piston in 1/4 of it's stroking potential "only 4 cylinders".
Now if an N/A V8 was to run a single exhaust then yes 3 inches or more would be typical, but that simply isn't the case with a 4banger at 9.6:1CR, that typically goes beyond it's redline at 6200 RPM. If you look at the charts of the KA it starts to become an anemic engine in the early 5000RPMS, so why would a 3" pipe be neccessary, especially when it simply cant achieve the velocity or impact it needs to travel through a 3" diameter pipe.
In my mind it would be a waste of money and HP in my opinion.
If you focus on correcting the other forms of degredation such as an aluminum flywheel, and aluminum pulley, it would infact make the KA less anemic at higher RPM. Also fuel dumping within its cycle is very important, larger fuel dumps, and possibly a larger TB you would want to use larger exhaust also. Hense using larger pipe than the typical 2" stock OEM.
The objective of exhaust is to create a balance of HP/Torque, or atleast that is the method for street tuning, not drag race tuning.
Where in typical dragsters its simply header out. 2 completley different types of applications.
Like I said Justin my beef isn't with you, and thank you for the info on the CAT, my 2.5 diameter should be in by Monday best deal I ever made for a HIGH FLOW, "NOT A TEST PIPE". Got it in the reccomended 2.5" for $49.00.
Like I said I never have a problem using the correct pipe diameter as for me I'm using 2.5" for all my mods done to my engine.
Got my pacesetter for $225 off of EBAY best exhaust with the gains I wanted.

I actually make power with my engine before even applying a larger exhaust.
APEXI SAFC2 $265 on EBAY.

Aluminum Flywheel and stage 2 6 puck sprung from www.NIZZX.com $500.00 out the door package
Old 07-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Contributing Member

Damn you, why must you have the same color 240 as me?

There are KA's that can make full use of the 3". The SOHC motors used in Nasport competition generate close to 300hp n/a with side draft cabs. They should be capable of more than that with well-tuned efi.

Of course, these motors are all but useless in the RPM range where street KA's live.

Besides, I see no duct tape in your plans. How can you make power without duct tape?

Old 07-16-2005, 08:37 PM

Damn you, why must you have the same color 240 as me?
Sorry man just nothin but the stock oem color, plan to get it painted for the 2006 hot import nights though.
black, shade of purple.
There are KA's that can make full use of the 3". The SOHC motors used in Nasport competition generate close to 300hp n/a with side draft cabs. They should be capable of more than that with well-tuned efi.
Exactly my point but these KA engines have severly done internal work with CR in the 12.1 range, port and honing, and forged internals, not your basic stock trim KA. I never said that 3" couldn't be used, it shouldn't be used on stock KA's that haven't been overbuilt to exceed new higher redlines, and stronger CR'S.
The higher the compression the stronger the velocity and impact.
Besides, I see no duct tape in your plans. How can you make power without duct tape?
LOL.... work with what you got. Ain't no hatin.....
Old 07-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

LOL.... work with what you got. Ain't no hatin.....
zip ties give u twice as much HP
Old 07-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
zip ties give u twice as much HP
YEAH! and i bet bondo makes your car lighter!! lol
Old 07-17-2005, 08:15 AM

Hey Vinney I'm sure everyone here is intrigued with your superb knowledge of Thermodynamic Velocity but you your self have stated many times that you only used 2.5 in. piping. If you personally never used 3 in on your car all you are doing is talking in theorys and no offense but I can gurantee that You are no PhD. You really need to stop with your antics because I'm sick of seeing you all over my computer with no real world experience of what you are talking about.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by miked808
Hey Vinney I'm sure everyone here is intrigued with your superb knowledge of Thermodynamic Velocity but you your self have stated many times that you only used 2.5 in. piping. If you personally never used 3 in on your car all you are doing is talking in theorys and no offense but I can gurantee that You are no PhD. You really need to stop with your antics because I'm sick of seeing you all over my computer with no real world experience of what you are talking about.
Actually just to let you know I did install 3" pipe on a 510 project I did it when I was 19, 1.6 litre L series, horrible results.
My boy E also installed a 3" exhaust onto his Acura RSX TYPE S he lost more power in the low end, and didn't do much for the top end. When he bought the CAR it already came with an after market 2.5" which did much better.
I have more than just theory miked808, your such a joke man, who are you again?????????
Old 07-17-2005, 08:25 AM

If you are sik of seein me go to another FORUM JACKASS I'm not stopin ya......

Quick Reply: kk suckas, got my wang