General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

ruined my teen years

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:48 AM

yea i know you will learn from this which is a good thing, but unless your lawyer sucks your teenage years arent over. I learned my lesson from 80 in a 65 wasnt bad at all but just sucked payin a lawyer $200 so i dont speed at all anymore (maybe 5 over) but my friend from the time he was 16-18 has totalled 2 cars (his fault both times) got countless number of tickets (atleast 6 i can think of) sometimes 2 tickets in one week for random things and he even ran from the cops at 130mph and got caught, somehow he still has his license, but im not sure whats up with his insurance but he is a true IDIOT i know he is my friend but i totally disagree with his driving habits. Don't think im supporting this kind of driving cause im not, i'm just tellin you that if he can keep his license through all that im sure your teenage years arent over. But now if my friend gets another ticket and doesnt keep a job he will go to jail so he's not completely out of trouble by no means. By the way he had the best lawyer in town, and spent over 2,000 to get all that taken care of. Learn from your mistake and dont end up like that guy.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member

hey man its not the end of the world,

if anything it will teach you to be smart and if your not being smart to be carefull not being smart
Old 05-16-2005, 10:31 AM

i was thinking, just talk to the judge and tell him your'e a stupid kid and you're sorry. make up something like you were nervous with these hot girls in the car and by the time you relized it you were speeding. if it's your first offense you might be able to get out of it.

when i was 16 i had a terrible week and got caught doing 44 in a 25, and in a school zone. i had that dropped no problem. i met with the judge and the officer in his office and told him i had a terrible week and had a lot of things on my mind. told him i was sorry and all that. i had to sign up for this traffic awareness program with the true dumbass drivers. so it was 150 for that class and 150 for my ticket. nothing on the record since.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by needa240
dang man. CALM THE FU CK DOWN, and listen to me.

You didn't ruin any "YEARS" of your life. You sound like a f'ing retard who thinks they're going to dye.

Old 05-16-2005, 12:55 PM

Wow i wish i was an angel like most of the people who posted negatively to this post....

Dude man sorry to hear about that...ive had some crap in my past so i know how it goes. Good luck
Old 05-16-2005, 12:56 PM

Oh yeah i guess it helps when your parents are military and live in another state, then your tickets never end up mattering...heh
Old 05-16-2005, 05:58 PM

Why not jump in on this.... Sorry to hear about it, but like some others said, it's probably good for you. We all have done stupid things and those that pay the consequences usually end up learning a thing or two. I never drive fast when there are people in my car. But you put everyone on the road in danger when you're in public.

My friends younger brother rolled my old accord a couple months after I sold it to him. He managed to flip it back over and drive off before the cops got there... did he learn his lesson? Nope, just bragged about how close he got to accidents all the time. Couple years later he slammed into another car while having an argument while his gf was driving and he pulled the e-brake. They were in the hospital for a while.

Basically, just PLEASE listen to what we're saying about it being a wake up call. I thought my life was over when I crashed my CBR600F3 in a parking lot. It was at night and empty and I put no one else in danger, but I got a $490 ticket for Negligent Driving and had my bike trashed. I had to finish paying for the bike (couldn't afford insurance, but it's not required in my state) and make around $3000 worth of repairs.

I'm a lot more cautious now. Just be glad that hasn't happened to you, and it won't if you let this be a lesson. Ok, my speech is over.....
Old 05-16-2005, 10:53 PM

no worries man, good luck with everything. i got my first 2 tickets (23 over in a residential area and a failure to yield that led to an acciedent (the lady ran a redlight and hit me, i got blamed cuz i was 16) and they were 8 days apart and neither of them are on my record. my 3rd one sucked (17 over) but i got a lawyer for it and it is now an illegal parking ticket. take the defensive driving type of course. if your in a place that you have to have your license for 6 months to a year before you get your "real" license, you may get in more trouble, but i don't think your gonna lose your license. look up the rules and regulations up in your state and figure out the worst case scenario. oh and be respectful to the judge, cop is a bad word and yes ma'am/yes sir, no ma'am/no sir the whole time. (dress up a bit too, couldn't hurt any)

Last edited by Pseudo; 05-16-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:18 AM

i agree with most of everything what people are saying except the white cracker joke....thats not cool. I admit i drive a little fast here and there but as long as this becomes a lesson then it's cool. Just be safe Man something about that white cracker joke is pissing me off...and im not even white lol!
Old 05-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

yeah life took a nosedive for me too jsut now. 5 mins ago i got my first speeding ticket in the 2 years ive been driving. Guess how fast i was doing. 37 in a 30. What a crock. I probably wouldnt have gotten a ticket, but while i was sitting there in my car, waiting for the officer to decide my fate, my dad pulls up to the stop sign, does a double take, and walks over. Im like "oh fck." BUZZZTED! Bastard of a cop too. He wasnt an a$$hole either. Just an idiot. My speedometer in my car (not driving the 240 yet) sucks, the cable needs to be lubed and so it bouces up and down on bumpy roads and fluctuates about 5 mph. So what im gonna do is freakin fight it. The courts would much rather dismiss your case (well maybe not yours, cuz u have 2 dumb offenses) than sit through the time it takes to get it over with. They have better things to do, bigger fish to fry. Most times the cop wont even show up. If you can think of a good excuse, use it. Traffic laws can be bullsh*t sometimes, so try to fight it.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:46 AM

Sucky situation, but I agree with focal and a couple others. Its a lesson that most people (at least that I know) learn at some point. So take your slaps on the wrist, and think about the way you feel now in the future when you are tearing around the roads. Always be mindful of whats going on around you on the road, paying attention to everything will keep you out of accidents and save you from tickets.
Oh yeah, flame
You fockin Hoodlum!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

Lol the ironic thing is, i got pulled over on a road that nobody lives on. It goes by a church and thats about it. and i got pulled over at 11 something pm
Old 05-28-2005, 05:30 AM

I'm an expert at this so let me help you. First sign up for driver improvement classes before court. You get better benefits from it if you volunteer vs. mandatory by court. Plus its cheaper that way. Second never sound uncertain or confused. Example: Your Honor I didn't think I was going that fast. Judges hate that. Tell them you had the cruise control set at 72 mph because you were flowing with traffic. If there was no traffic you can say you had the cruise set at 72 because it was a clear rd. and you thought you could push it a little. Third this always works for me. Tell them you have on bigger rims and tires than the car came with and when you went to have your speedometer checked because you were sure you were going only 72 the shop told you the different sized wheels screwed up your calibrations, but by the way its fixed now. The cop won't remember anything but how fast you were going not the wheels on your car. Last but not least tell the Judge that this has been a painfull and scary experience for you and that you learned your lesson and it won't happen again. I guarantee the judge will be more lenient on you and not willing to make an example out of you.

Last edited by miked808; 05-28-2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

I like the first 2. But the 3rd wont fly so well. My acura still ahs 15's, but the tire size thats supposed to be on the car is 205/60/15 but im running 205/65/15's ... so it wont make much of a difference.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:28 AM

Very good advice in here I'll have to remember all this when.. if it happens to me.

Mika: as has been said nobody died or was hurt, including the car. Learn from this.

And drink some time :P But don't mix alcohol and driving, unless you drive a beer truck.

Quick Reply: ruined my teen years