How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

DC Sports/Hot Shot Header install

Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 PM

yea the angle is diff, mine goes out on a 90 not a 45 degree... but changing that back tube is a *****. If you get one off a s13 and get it to sit right, madd props to you man. Also how does your cat flange sit? otherwise the dc might work on 95+

~eji
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Sieji
yea the angle is diff, mine goes out on a 90 not a 45 degree... but changing that back tube is a *****. If you get one off a s13 and get it to sit right, madd props to you man. Also how does your cat flange sit? otherwise the dc might work on 95+

~eji
like the flange to the cat converter? it sits at an angle. how would the dc might work if it is the flange?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:45 PM

REMOVAL OF EGR

hey i was wondering, do you have to remove the intake manilfold to be able to get to the EGR or what. Because we tried removing some circle thing to get to the EGR but that didnt work out too well. there was no room for the wrench to move around in. removing the intake manifold would be difficult cause of gas lines and other things.

Last edited by *Tx_BLooD_240*; 01-20-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:01 PM

Re: REMOVAL OF EGR

Originally posted by *Tx_BLooD_240*
hey i was wondering, do you have to remove the intake manilfold to be able to get to the EGR or what. Because we tried removing some circle thing to get to the EGR but that didnt work out too well. there was no room for the wrench to move around in. removing the intake manifold would be difficult cause of gas lines and other things.
Can you take a pic, I can help you out......
Old 01-23-2006, 01:18 PM

Re: Re: REMOVAL OF EGR

Originally posted by BigVinnie
Can you take a pic, I can help you out......
Yea sure. here yah go.

Those two circular plate looking things. I got the top one to move but the one on the bottom is a pain. And any other removals would be helpful.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: REMOVAL OF EGR

Alright first lets compare and anylize the EGR valves to see if we can use a OBD1 EGR scavaging tube......
PIC of my EGR assembly.....
Name:  locationofEGRassembly001.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  36.5 KB
PIC of yours......

PIC of mine......
Name:  locationofEGRassembly003.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  24.6 KB
PIC of yours.......

So from the PICS we can conclude that a OBD1 tube should mount up to the OBD2 EGR system. So you should be able to use the DC sports header with the OBD1 tube on your EGR system....
Now your problem is getting that fatty nut off of the EGR to get the tube loose.
The easiest way to do that is to disconnect all vacuum lines that are in the way of the EGR. Disconnect any lines that are within 12" of the EGR, you will need room for what you will be doing next.
Now remove the entire EGR from the monifold, use a ratchet to take the two bolts out that run parallel to the tube, those bolts should be very easy to take off, compared to the nut. Now when I meant disconnect all vacuum lines I meant it. Now you will need to remove the EGR from the manifold, you wont be able to do this if you didn't disconnect all vacuum lines from the EGR to BPT. Now facing the position that you took your EGR pics twist the EGR and tube together 90 degress counterclock wise away from the manifold, now the tube and EGR should slide out from right behind the motor and firewall. Now take a VISE clamp and clamp your EGR down so that you can use I believe a 44mm wrench to take off that tube nut. Now you can apply the OBD1 tube to the EGR valve and make shure that it is snug, but not tight you still want the tube to have some play so that you can reinstall to the header.
Hopefully it should be self explanitory how to reinstall, since you uninstalled.

Parts that will need replacing:
3/8 vacuum line for the EGR BPT
New EGR gasket
Might as well clean your EGR while you are at it with some carb cleaner, get all the exhaust crap out your EGR will work better and possibly last longer.....
Old 01-23-2006, 05:35 PM

well i guess im just gonna go back to nissan and try to get a 91-94 EGR tube and see what happens but if that doesnt work im just gonna ask my bro. to custom bend me a pipe since he knows how to do all that..i just wanna get my headers installed so bad but ill let u guys know later!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:30 PM

so those s13 dohc obd1 headers would work and fit in a 95 s14 obd1 engine?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
so those s13 dohc obd1 headers would work and fit in a 95 s14 obd1 engine?
Yes. I believe that DC sports even tested it on a 92 (s13) and a 94 production date (s14)...............
But my question is what about the AIV port that only came on the s13's?????

Here is DC sports page they claim it can be used up until the 94production year. http://www.dcsports.com/240SX/

Last edited by BigVinnie; 01-24-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by BigVinnie

But my question is what about the AIV port that only came on the s13's?????
lol whoa what do you mean? AIV port that only came with s13?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by *Tx_BLooD_240*
lol whoa what do you mean? AIV port that only came with s13?
It is the port located after the EGR port, then there is also the port for the 02sensor at the collector...........
Old 01-26-2006, 07:11 AM

o0o0 alright cool.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:54 AM

you mean there are three ports on ex.manifold for s13's?
Old 01-27-2006, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
you mean there are three ports on ex.manifold for s13's?
True OBD1 smog consisted of the AIV, and EGR ports, as well as the O2 sensor port. Total there are 3 ports.
If you don't have an AIV, the AIV port needs to get caped or welded shut.....
Old 02-04-2006, 03:02 PM

YAY!!!!!!

Alright guys the good news,
1. S13 EGR tube will fit in an s14. No modifications required.
2. Me and my brother installed the DC sports headers and it works great.
Alright now the bad news.
1. I have an exhaust leak because the bolt that connects the cat and the header stripped. (will soon fix).
2. (Vinnie i need your help on this one) For some reason my car idles VERY LOW. And when its just in park, it seems to drop so low that it almost dies and then it picks back up. The idle sounds like a horse galloping. it drops then picks up, drops, picks up, drops and so on. i checked everything, EGR, AIV, the O2 sensor near the cat.
3. The car sounds obnoxiously loud. Not the sound Vin and Seiji are talking about. Part of the reason is probably from the leak, but other than that it is LOUD.
I'll post some pics of the header and EGR.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DC Sports/Hot Shot Header install