NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

!!HELP!! hesitating bad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM

!!HELP!! hesitating bad!

ok so i have 95 zenki s14 with a ka24de

herrrrres my problem

recently it has started doing this
when cruising at at low load my engine hesitates. it doesnt do it while accelerating or decelerating only while cruising. it also feels kinda laggy during acceleration.

but while cruising it almost feels like it just loses all power completely for not even a second an comes right back

it started doing it about 1000 miles ago when i was overdue for an oil change so an i thought the filter was just clogging up which it prolly was, and after i did an oil change it ran just fine like it always has. then just a couple days ago it started doing it again. so today i changed the filter and nothing has changed. i cut the filter open an it looked clear an there wasnt any metal chunks, just the usual wear.

the oil was not black it was still very clean looking. excessive blow by would turn it black pretty quick wouldnt it?

i havnt checked my compression but if it was compression then wouldnt a cylinder be dead or at least misfiring really bad?

theres no misfire, but it does idle pretty crappy, could it be an IACV problem?

i have thrown o2 sensor codes before but it has never affected my car in the past and the codes have always been intermittent and very uncommon

spark plugs are fine.

MAF problem? iv heard they have caused hesitation problems but they would go into safe mode when they go bad an dont let you rev past 3k, mine revs just fine.

could it be an oil pressure problem? were do u put in a gauge for oil pressure?
im thinkin this may be the most likely problem.

plz help an soon! its my DD an i have no other way to get to work!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Contributing Member

from what you described i'd have to say that the iacv is the first thing to come to mind, or aac valve to be more exact. i had the same problem but rather than buy a new or used iacv i just replaced the faulty aac valve with one from another car. i think it came from a '92 maxima but i'm not sure.

the second thing that comes to mind is the coolant temp sensor, and lastly the cas, although i think the cas is more of a long shot. although i suspect the aac i'd look into the temp sensor first becuase it's the easiest, and cheapest to replace.

hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 PM

ill give it a try thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM

I believe I have the same problem, I will be driving my car and it will randomly bog like I was of the throttle for like 4-5 seconds then come back to normal, very strange in my opinion, but I will try the stated "fixes"
Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Contributing Member

what jram said.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:12 PM

sry i havnt been around, havnt had a comp for a while! blam!
neway
so i hooked up to a modis scope and found my o2 sensor was bad, replaced it, fixed the problem for about a week

hooked back up to the scope and couldnt find anything in particular.

does anyone know when the iacv or aac is supposed to switch on an off?

the hesitation is getting worse now, its also killing when i go from rev to idle.

thought it might be egr so i unhooked the vaccum line for the actuator an it changed nothing. would that rule out the egr or make the egr the problem?

also both times i was hooked up to the scope, the problem did not act up AT ALLL, of course, so its definently an intermittent problem, and i dont have constant acess to a scop so ill have to test out my egr annnd iacv by themselves.

i am suspecting the iacv i had some minor problems with it last year an they jus kinda went away so maybe there back with a vengence lol
Old 10-11-2010, 03:22 PM

soooo update to the situation

havnt had time to test out the iacv or egr yet

but for anyone that wanted to no the resistance across the iacv should be 10 ohms

also i tested out my TPS jus for ****s an giggles and im rather confused by what i got

i was told i should get 2 ohms resistance at the tps when it is closed, but the tps has 3 wires (red, white and black). what wires am i supposed to only get 2 ohms across?

heres what i got though
red to white 9.1 ohms
black to white 1.2 ohms
red to black 9.98 ohms
anyone clear that one up for me?

also it hasnt acted up in about 3 days, then today one the way home i ran into some rain. it did not act up before the rain but as soon as i hit the rain it started doing it horribly lol

could it be the MAF?
i cut a rather large hole in my stock airbox otherwise there is no intake modification
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 AM

k so i hooked back up to the scope, and actuaded the IACV with the scope a bunch of times, firts time i went to 0 percent it died then went to 100 percent it studdered, then after actuating it a few times it ran normally an now i havnt had the problem since then.

sooo yea didnt have to buy nething jus spent a bunch of time trying to troubleshoot what i was 96 percent sure on in the first place lol

but i still see a new IACV in my future neway cuz i no its jus gonna happen again
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

the iacv has some epoxy covering a brass plug next to the air adjustment screw. it a good idea to remove the epoxy and clean all the parts found inside.