NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

HUGE PROBLEM Huge thread but.... GUYS PLEASE HELP

Old 08-07-2006, 06:37 PM

HUGE PROBLEM Huge thread but.... GUYS PLEASE HELP

Well here it goes. i was sdriving to my girlfriends houseabout 30 minutes by highway from my house... and i noticed for a day or two that my check battery light was on..... i have an amp two subs and an after market head unit in my car so naturally i thought that the alternator couldnt handle all the wattage so it was eating some battery power.... i unwired my whole system and the light was still on..... it started with no problem thsi morning..... then all of a sudden on the road the car starts boggin baddddd like it has no energey at all and the speedo and tach are goin nuts blinkers are dimm as ****ttt..... and every time i hit the break the car wants to die more....probably becauseee of the break lights....... ok naturally now i think i have a blown alternator becauseeee IF IT were the batt it really woulndt have made a difference while i was movingg....... the car was jerking way too much and sounded liek i was in 5th gear goin 5 miles an hourr i was about `10 mins away from her house.... i pulled over and got a jump i thought thsi would helppp...no go..2 mins lata same thing. her father came with another batt got it home and tested the alt..... it was holding a decent charge and we charged the battery that was dead.....stilll the battery light is on what the hell could this beee please help i have no car and im a long way from homeeeeeeeeeeee hahahahha jusss kidddin but please help
Old 08-07-2006, 06:40 PM

btw the other batt he brouhgt was brand new out of the box and the light was still on aafter install ...

the car is a 92 s13 5 speed DE motor with 160,000 on it
Old 08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

replace your alt. have fun. check grounds while your at it. gl.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:19 AM

sorry guys i didnt mean to reposttt my computer told me it didnt post the firsttt timmeeee when itt nactually diddd..Ne ways everyone suggests i just replace the alt?? i hope this worksssss
Old 08-10-2006, 03:28 PM

that is exactly what my freinds 89 300zx was doing, he had to drive home one night with his headlights off down back roads just to get the car home, it was his alternator, man that alternator was i pain to get too, good thing we drive 240's
Old 08-10-2006, 06:42 PM

hashahaha successs at lasttttttttttt stupid meeeee i didnttt even check thee altttt bellt itttt broke and i replaceddd itttt it took a whilee but i had to make thigs move that havent been move since the car was out of the dealershipp hahahahaha all weell worth it no brake light on and most importantly no batt light onnn .....hope i get home in one peice