NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Intake install.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Intake install.

I just got my short ram intake. It doesn't come with instructions. i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips/directions/ advice when im installing it. Here is the site.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEAFB%3AIT
Thanks
-Joe
Old 04-13-2005, 02:33 AM

This page has the install for an AEM short ram should be similar. Its a pretty straight forward install though, I've put several on friends cars.

moved to N/A
Old 04-13-2005, 06:44 AM

Hey Joe..
That looks just like an Injen knock off.. Very easy install. Remove your negative battery terminal first. Give your ECU some time to reset. Undue your stock airbox and remove the filter. There should only be a few bolts holding on the bottom piece with the resonator.. Pull it out.
Then the top tube connects to your MAF.. pretty easy to remove.. just 4 bolts.. need an extension to get to them though. Disconnect it first too.
Then there should be a couple of small rubber tubes leaveing the black intake pipe and going to your intake manifold and to the valve cover. Undo them with some needle nose. Loosen the clamp holding the intake pipe to the Throttle Body.. should be a couple screws holding the intake to the radiator supports.. And then that black pipe should pull right out.

Replace with the new shiney chrome pipe. Cut your blue tubes to length.. attach them to where the old ones went. Reattach the maf with the provided clamps and rubber lengths.. slap on your filter.. reconnect the maf.. Then reconnect your negative battery terminal. Get in and start it up. May idle a little rough.. Just drive it a little hard and aggressive. Let the ecu relearn how you drive with the new amount of air you are providing with your intake. After a day or two it should smooth out.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks guys, Now i looked at it today, and the blue hoses dont fit over the inlets. 1 is pcv and the other 2 run to other places. But the hoses dont fit over the damn 2 big ones. Damn ebay. I might just go with 2 stock hoses and 1 blue one
Old 04-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Yeah.. thats the problem with Ebay knockoff sometimes. I picked up a used Injen Intake off the forum for 75 bucks shipped in pristine condish. Sometimes it pays to be patient.