Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

importing a skyline

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Jack The GTR
actually i would never ever ever get in a fight with glad hatter because this guy is just about on every single nissan forum ive ever visited as a regular...i beleive your also the gladhatter on AF right?

this has been covered so many times. i too was a HUGE skyline fan looking to import one that my aunt wanted like a year ago.then she said no and bought a sc430 but thats BESIDE the point that motorex IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN DO LEGALIZATION!!!!! RBmotoring is a great company i live right down the street from them but they CAN NOT LEGALIZE SKYLINES!!!!! they go THROUGH motorex. and motorex may not be around for much longer look at these pages....

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/for...threadid=38686

read ALL those posts from first to last and you will get a clue that motorex wont be around for long. tyndago is sean morris formerly of motorex and who has been working at RBmotoring read what he says and everyone else who has money and skylines tied up at motorex
big deal hes on every forum? All I know is that my boss told me to call for our customer and I ended up being told all this, some say they are direct from motorex (which I do know they dont do it anymore) and some claim they do it themselves. I the end my customer ended up saying screw it and got a bimmer instead lol.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by Jack The GTR
this guy is just about on every single nissan forum ive ever visited as a regular
ie "he has no life."
Originally posted by Zephyr
...and some claim they do it themselves.
There are people all over the internet claiming to do it. But thereality is that NONE of them are. The only way currently to do it is via corporate sponsorship.

If you have a company that can sponsor the car, it comes into the country under their name. They have it registered in the name of the company and it CAN be driven perfectly legally in anystate in the country. The catch is that you have limited mileage. Most sponsors do this for show cars. This works with any car...GTR, Silvia, Enzo, Lambo, Mazerrati,...etc.

No company is in the legalization business for GTRs, Silvia, 180s, and many more, but there are ways to drive them if you want to mess with tons of red tape and deal with restrictions on mileage.

Last edited by gladhatter; 01-21-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by gladhatter
ie "he has no life."

There are people all over the internet claiming to do it. But thereality is that NONE of them are. The only way currently to do it is via corporate sponsorship.

If you have a company that can sponsor the car, it comes into the country under their name. They have it registered in the name of the company and it CAN be driven perfectly legally in anystate in the country. The catch is that you have limited mileage. Most sponsors do this for show cars. This works with any car...GTR, Silvia, Enzo, Lambo, Mazerrati,...etc.

No company is in the legalization business for GTRs, Silvia, 180s, and many more, but there are ways to drive them if you want to mess with tons of red tape and deal with restrictions on mileage.
Well when I called, this is based on the Reno Nevada company's story, they said they have an authorized importing license for vehicles. They require that the car be imported through their company only, and once they aquire it they will begin the legalization process and then transfer the car back into the original owner's hand. But whatever to this, if you really want a skyline, move up north, they can legally register a 89 and 90 R32 without any problems because of their "15 year" requirement. Skylines down here dont serve much of a purpose. California has crap traffic as it is, so you cant really go fast, and its also a big theif magnet, and getting parts is expensive...skylines..blah... give me keys to a 240 instead.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:49 AM

if Hiro keeps screwing up... I guess Toshi is gonna be the only host for JDM Insider now hahaha
Old 05-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

The DOT doesn't want us to have skylines, originally JK(became motorex) had to petition the DOT 6 times before they responded. These stupid Fast and Furious movies only made it worse. Even if you were to buy a motorex skyline, import another one cut in half, and file your mod package based on their changes I think they will reject it unless you take and crash test 3 cars like they did. I think at this point if you want a skyline take a 240SX, do the swap, skyline front end conversion, widebody fenders, and bodywork the tail lights in. This is my plan. I'm actually doing RHD too because the 240 I have has blown airbags and they tore the crap out of the dash.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

hey rkcarguy,

What cars does RSImports import? You guys have any brochures or anything?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Regulate

It seems like it would almost be less of a hassle to take a 240, swap a rb26dett and do all the exterior mods to make it look just like a skyline. Hehe.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

I bring in mostly 1/2 cuts and a few engines. Our guy buys the cars complete over in Japan, and I pretty much specify what parts I want. I can import a front and rear 1/2 of anything as long as a chunk is missing-usually they cut the roof or a chunk from the floor.

www.rsimports.vze.com