Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

The new GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:38 AM

i'm not ignorant of driver skill.
i'm debating cars alone.

my opinion is as follows:

16 year old chassis will have worn out bushings, worn springs and shocks. it could have brake leaks, any number of issues.

the wear an tear on the chassis of that age will cause break down in performance.

yes of course you can change all those things. yes of course you can improve performance. yes an r32 can beat a newer evo in some cases.

lets factor in maintenance. you wreck the r32 you aren't going to your Nissan dealership and ordering up parts. you've got to source them out. with an evo you can just order up parts. stock early 90s r32 vs evo 9 or 10; stock for stock, same driver driving each car. i'd put my $ on an evo.

****. i can order up drive through in an evo, you'll have to go inside

the older i get the more stock i want my car to be. i modify my s13, but i'm trying to keep it simple. i've been around modified cars since 95 i thought they were the best things to have. I'm critical of how well a modified car performs in many different catagories nowadays. Yeah they may be faster around a track than newer stock cars, but many have flaws. Flaws like excessive rattle, excessive noise, or something like this: "yeah listen be careful when you shift in to 5th, it grinds. Oh yeah the windshield washer fluid doesn't work. The heater only works on full blast and only if you point it to the feet only. If you come up to a light leave it in gear because it'll stall out if you go to neutral too early." Rarely are any put together better than a stock car.

point in short: i'd perfer a newer evo vs an r32. I'd also take the new GT-R over an evo. In the end i'll buy an exige and that is the best car on the road as far as i'm concerned new or old.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by battosaii930
i agree 1973 Hakosuka GT-R > all
that car is godzilla..

and the R32 just needs some TLC and it will STILL win on the track..the R32 has proven its worth..

evo's are nice cars..i just am in love with the history of the skyline
Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member

now thats a rebuttal Buh.... and i respect it and replacing bushing's is what i was talking about...

i am not at all a person that believes in throwing money at a car.. .. functional modding and maintaining is how you create a car that can defy the odds.

also making connections can get you parts easily dude.. you been around since 95 and im sure you know sourcing now is easier than ever with the advancement of the internet.