Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Quick Question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Quick Question!

What does it mean when I am "not subscribed to any forums at the moment"?

I still do not fully understand this whole forum thing...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

It means you won't be notified if someone posts in that forum, or so I think. DOn't worry about that though. I doub't you'd want a bunch of e-mails about people replying to threads you don't even care about.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Contributing Member

basically the whole site lists all of the differnet sections where you can sort out all of the posts. Then when you click on a specific topic, you get brought to a page where you can view all of the threads (sub-topics underneath the main heading) where people will post questions and answers and general stuff.

Subscribing to a forum means that depending on your personal prefrences you might recieve an email in your account every time somebody else posts in a thread that you have posted in. If don't have the option to recieve an email it will simply show up in your User Cp. If you go to "User Cp" (look right underneath the upper left corner of the screen where it says nissan_club) you can bring up your section where you have all of your options and settings on your account.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Also, when you're posting a new thread, or replying to a thread, at the bottom of the reply box (above the 'Submit Reply' 'Preview Reply' buttons) there's 4 checkboxes; one of them says:

"Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies. Only registered users are eligible."

I think by default that box is selected; so you will receive emails whenever someone replies to the thread you're posting to. If you later get emails to a topic that you don't care about anymore, in the email itself there's a link that lets you "unsubscribe" to the thread. This will eliminate any other emails being sent to you for that particular topic, unless you post a reply to that topic again.

Also, when you ever go to your User CP, at the bottom of the "subscribed threads" list, there's a drop-down box. If it's set to "last day" then any threads you are subscribed to that haven't been responded to within the last 24 hours will not show up on your "subscribed" list. You can change the drop-down box to, say "last 5 days" if you want to catch up on anything you might have missed in the last 5 days, etc.