S-Chassis Annoucements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Club 240 Under New Management!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

Agreed.
I dont know why but our activity is so low.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

Just wait till Charles finishes that S13 and takes that Club 240 whip to some events. That should give us a kick in the pants. Quit being so damn impatient. These things take time.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe
bump.

im sorry but layout to me on this forum blows. dont get me wrong. i respect the staff and whatnot for trying to bring this place back to life but i cant ever seeing it grow much. our layout is like something for fresh alloy or nico. we have mabey 50 regulars and mabey another 50 that show up randomly after a while or chime in like once every week. we have way to many sections for this small of a community. i think our sections should be somewhat simple; tech, chat, off topic, members ride gallery, for sale. and mabey a few sub sections for tech. kinda random but i had to say something. i know a lot of people will agree with me on this.

Well I can make a few corrections for you.......
First problem is the participation with our vendors. They don't participate enough with members and give enough deals, or even care to speak with members unless it is about there products. I've spoken with Charles about this issue and there will be some serious changes as far as participation with vendors and club members. I would also like to thank 201motorsoports for making attempts to participate with this forum.
Second problem is our club members themselves. It is important to get the club240 forums recognized in the drifting and auto X community. This means it is just as important for our members to participate actively to create our community and put the word out about our forum and our association. Zi#via does well because there vendors and members are very active in participating outside the forums. I know this because I associate with many Zilvia, and NICO members at event's, and believe me I do put the word about this forum.
Heres the upside.
Since coming back from what was a once dead forum is now slowly rejuvenating and maturing with popularity, just think back it was only 4 months ago we were over ran by BOTS.
Just as an example: I myself am starting DIY threads and believe it or not if you look at my thread views my threads have over whelming popularity.
My DIY manifold porting and honing thread has been started a little under a month and has over 1000views. People do come to the site and view our threads.
It's really just a matter of time before this site will gain popularity it's just a matter of working out the kinks.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

it's a very small part of getting the word out about the forum, but could someone get some official club240 stickers made. like i said it's small. but we need that kind advertisement too.

they will be the only stickers that will ever go on my car. (unless i get sponsored of course)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member

yeaup getting the word out is key... i have posted things on various 240 groups on myspace.. 93 coupe, if you feel its an issue.. maybe you should help bring people in.. your statements are somewhat valid but just talking about them will not do anything.. again like Vinnie said, people will come to the site only if its going to help them and this forum is still coming out of the hole in that section.... also for a forum of this nature you don't create the "forums" themselves to cater to a small crowd. when/if the forum regains popularity, it would then be to small to service members, its fine to me bro.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

guess patience is the key then. still not happy with the lay out but oh well. what ever you guys think will help bring in more people. i spread the word a little. guess i need to alot more. lol
Old 06-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Club240 Staff

I appreciate the input, but humbly disagree. Nico and freshaolly are general nissan forums and not vbehicle specific. I believe their major shot coming for any one car is the lack of categories. While these many sections may seem like overkill for the trafffic we have, it is built for the traffic we could have. If it were a vehicle specific site with only 4-5 sections, it would look tiny and not as usefull. The advantage of a vehicle specific site over a general site is precisly the ability to break things down more.

Traffic will pick up, especially with some the plans that will be going in place. Many of them like the project car will take time and probably not see major results untill the fall.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Contributing Member

I guess our best bet is to play the waiting game then.
I just hope things will pick up.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Contributing Member

To Vinnie, bro, I couldnt have said it better than how you did.

Ruiz, one major key I've learned in life is to have patience. I on the other hand, have too much of it. Which is why you guys havent seen me put up a DYI install on my R32 front brakes yet LOL

Anyways, yes, vendors need to be more active in here if they want business. Current members need to put out the word more and the best way to do it is by any means possible.

My company is still under development and looking into what we can sell in the carbon fiber / fiber glass market. Most likely we will make replicas of existing kits, but make damn sure they will fit everyone's car without problems. But like I said, it takes time. Our development has been going on for over a year and still havent pushed anything important out yet. But when we do, for sure you will see me making very active moves on here.

I still dont know what happened that made this place nose dive in popularity. Does anyone remember? Please let me know, Club240 was the first ever forum I ever joined, but strangely it just died out while I was busy with my autobody shop. Did something bad happen while I was gone???
Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 AM

WOW site looks alot better...........member of many forums and this looks like it heading in the right direction. Hope site gets busy.....
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 AM

im an active vendor!!

these things take time. if it were an explosion overnight, it would die off too quickly...

take tamparacing as an example. we started out in june of 2000 and we all **** a brick when we hit 500 members in less than 6 months. then it was 1000.. we thought we were hot ****.

7 years later its THE busiest automotive websites (esp the for sale forums) and we have over 30,000 members. so many, in fact, that we had to branch the off-topic portion to its own site, tampaforums to handle the duties. basically how off-topic got started.

the overwhelming popularity will happen. ive been working with people close to me to gain more readership and memberships. we'll see...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Durdan

the overwhelming popularity will happen. ive been working with people close to me to gain more readership and memberships. we'll see...
I've noticed more members joining over the last month and I've noticed some members have come back that I haven't seen here since 2004~2005. Things are looking better for this forum.
It's also my fault Durdan I've noticed your participation as a vendor, I just haven't given you the recognition you deserve yet. It's a great thing to have you here you seem pretty educated on the JDM engines.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:38 AM

if theres something ACTUALLY out there that i dont know.. its bc its not worth knowing. haha

"pretty educated" doesnt even scratch the surface. hahahaha
Old 06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by Durdan
if theres something ACTUALLY out there that i dont know.. its bc its not worth knowing. haha

"pretty educated" doesnt even scratch the surface. hahahaha
and humble too. Got a catch here ladies!

BTW...240 decals are on their way
Old 06-26-2007, 10:51 AM

hahahah

I'M THE MOST MODEST PERSON I KNOW!!! I AM!! I REALLY AM!!!

good. i need alot of stickers. or else im just going to make more stickerjunkie.com stickers that say

| www.CLUB240.COM |
| because we can... |

Quick Reply: Club 240 Under New Management!!