S-Chassis Annoucements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Club 240 Under New Management!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:12 PM

The majority of the problem with this forum was USELESS threads, and not enough technical discussion with pics or detailed procedures.
A few bad apples spoils the bunch so to speak. It would be nice to use a little more enforcement than the content that nico has. "Where every NOOB speaks there mind". But not to tough to Zilvia's standards "with the reputation point's", everyone should be treated as equals, as long as there technical discussions where everyone is excelling.
Welcome, but if this turns into just another turbo forum, I'm outta here!!!! I want to see some internal builds.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

+1 for the internal builds.

na all the way.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally posted by Biggamehit
dude where the hell is Vinnie. back when i was a regular we hit it up well. his knowledge was great. which only came from doing the work first hand. i use to be in awww lol. now i have worked with pretty much every performance Nissan engine except the mighty rb26 , built my very impressive KA-T setup and driven and worked on a few skylines with smiles the entire time.

guys like him help turn once noobs into people who can give back. I'm excited about this. the forum seems quicker already lol.
LOL... I still remember having a discussion with you on the matching splines of the FS5w71c transmission , because your friend needed a clutch, and used a VG30E, am I correct???
Man that was over a year ago. Good to know people still like having me around...

As far as I recall I was one of the first to leak the info on titanium retainers and springs compatibility between the CA18det and the KA24de. Within month's I saw others taking the credit for it in NICO and Zilvia.. I pretty much exploited the info that was given to me from old timers that own dimes that swapped in the ka.
Now super tech and Brian crower make titanium retainers and springs since about 2005.....Doesn't it make you wonder????Look at my online member date...
Also just another guy that spoke with Paul Stclair personally to try and push for consumer sales of a fully counterweighed crank for the KA24de (cranks used in the GT3's and CORR). Unfortunately that was a flop...
But we still have Ishihara and Johnson Crank Scrappers and windage trays for the KA engines...

Last edited by BigVinnie; 02-28-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Contributing Member

yup bro that was nuts lol.. i have since gathered much info. and it would have failed because the OE 240 clutch has the same spline but it is 225mm vs 300zx 240mm

dude i did the white bunny setup 3 weeks ago. its doing well.

280zx clutch and d21 flywheel.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

i guess people try to make money off of bigvin's genious. whatever at least we know whos the original.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Club240 Staff

By adding a newbie section, we should be able to keep some of the dumb questions out of the main sections. Just the same adding a advanced tech section with heavy moderation should keep some of the really good in depth tech discussion crap free.

It looks as though we could aslo use an engine management and tuning section with various subsections such as AEM, megasquirt, ROM tuning, etc.

As far as moderation goes, zilvia is harsh and thats not what we want to be. The idea is to keep things on topic and keep crap and useless drama out while still being polite. Additionally keeping out spam and preventing non authorized vendors from promoting. We are currently implementing an infraction points system on evolutionM to keep things fair with clear universal enforcement. It would be likely that this would be implemented here. I do not know how many current active mods we have now, but we would want at least 10 if not more.

Almost imediately, there will be a small influx of high quality vendors that will participate in the forums in addition to offering parts and services. You will notice more banner placements, however they will all be relavant to you
Old 03-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

so do you think we could possibly have group buys?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

+1 for group buys!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Yes- maybe a coilover group buy? Cheap ones. Ksports?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Club240 Staff

On our other sites, we have routinely have porblems with open group buy sections. We do general implement a vendor clearance/group buy section.

Also, on the cheap coilover...there are better ones out there than Ksport or Megan for not too much money. I am not a fan of either
Old 03-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Tein basic are my personal choice for cheap, functional, basic coilovers. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Not a Tein fan here. For cheap, I'd probably jump on the Stance wagon, know several people with them and they are beefy and seem to hold up well. KTS, if ordered through Kuah from SPLparts.com, are fairly easy to get replaced and serviced, price is good as well, can be had cheaper direct from KTS though, but you lose the excellent customer service from Kuah.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

this may have been better as a PM but since the vendor/group buy topic is up, and i would aslo like input from the other members as well, my little "company/garage" are selling lips for the chuki S13, i have pictures of them on customers cars, but i would not be able to post them because of little legal issues and what not. so, if you would like to see them (admin) i can send you a PM. these were previously sold as the Vtuned lips and were made on a very small scale but now we are mass producing them, if you like them i can be a vendor here as well. and of course have group buys with a special club240 price.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Club240 Staff

Lets keep the suspension and other off the topic stuff to other threads.

Any more specifics that need attneding to or could be improved?

Another thing I just thought of is the motorsports section needs to be broken up into drag, road race, and drift
Old 03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

subforums are always nice, but i feel that if you break it up too much you never get replies because less people are likely to view the topic. i think it's not terrible as is, we just need to kinda get the word out and liven up the board some more. like i said before, this board was booming 3 years ago! let's get it back to that point again

Quick Reply: Club 240 Under New Management!!