S-Chassis Annoucements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Club 240 Under New Management!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 PM

I would like to see moderation that curbs the unnecessary flaming of new members. There is a difference between explaining to someone why their racing muffler isn't a solid performance investment and telling them they should sell their 240 to someone who won't embarass the community
Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Jebman
I would like to see moderation that curbs the unnecessary flaming of new members. There is a difference between explaining to someone why their racing muffler isn't a solid performance investment and telling them they should sell their 240 to someone who won't embarass the community
thats why we need a section dedicvated to newbies to not only 240's but cars in general to ask questions there
Old 03-01-2007, 04:01 PM

I agree; there's a ton of great info on this site that isn't accessible to the search engine impaired. Who wants to write the sticky on searching?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

lol.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by motegineon
thats why we need a section dedicvated to newbies to not only 240's but cars in general to ask questions there
im not sold on the idea of having a noob section. that would be like the blind leading the retarded
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jramosthe1st!
im not sold on the idea of having a noob section. that would be like the blind leading the retarded
its supposed to be a section where people who are new to cars and 240's to ask basic questions, then people who are educated in the subject answer them, that way we sont get questions like "can i put an sr20 in my s13" in our technical sections..
Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member

rather than letting them ask. may i suggest that they be allow to read write ups and other useful articles pertaining to their question / concern.

something along the lines of a sticky.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

yea, wed have stickies for the common info like that, but then theyd be able to ask questions about the stickies that they didnt understand..
Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Contributing Member

true but we get questions about many things that have already been discussed to death.

better yet as a prerequisite one must use the search function before being allowed to post a new thread.

i don't want to sound like i'm trying to belittle anyone. even after i made the comment about the blind and retarded, i don't consider myself the final authority on anything. i just would like to see the number of simple one answer post curbed a bit.

i'll use myself as an example. the questions that i've posted were intended as a means of gathering other peoples take on the matter after i had already done some research.

questions like, "will this fit my car" we can do without. most of the time all one has to do is read the product description and the answer will be found.

while there will still be a need for more detailed explanations i believe that a stricter enforcement of the search function is needed.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Jebman
But sometimes there is just STRAIGHT stupidity. Many people have grown to hate me for my comments, but sometimes some people deserve it. Think before you speak. Or what is called the expression "silence is golden". Some people should take the time to search and read the information that is in front of them before they ruin them selves as a JACK a$$. Too many people in american culture are use to being spoon feed there information. Some deserve the wrath of what is known to be humility.
Moderation has always allowed me to get away with it, because I never over stepped my bounds too, (beyond what is logical thinking).

Last edited by BigVinnie; 03-01-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
But sometimes there is just STRAIGHT stupidity.

theres always that percentage of the human population that just dont get it at all. its not immaturity or ignorance or anything excuseable... its just simply stupidity.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:16 AM

I have no problems with the way you handle n00bs Vinnie, but there are some on here who do nothing but provoke arguments and essentially turn away new members. Comments to the tune of "mayb u shud bye a honda ricer" really don't help anybody. That said, the incurably dumb may need to be pwned into submission before they can be reprogrammed...
Old 03-02-2007, 03:09 AM
Contributing Member

Hey, CAN I put an sr20 in my S13?...LOL! Seriously though, if I go back and check some of my posts and if some of you, especially the people with post counts in the thousands, go back and check some of those then we can all find questionable questions more than likely so I'm for the noob section, a safe place where you can show you ignorance or lack of knowledge. I still ask stupid questions and I'm going to continue to do so to find answers...I did learn to search before I ask though.

Last edited by positron; 03-02-2007 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by positron
Hey, CAN I put an sr20 in my S13?...LOL! Seriously though, if I go back and check some of my posts and if some of you, especially the people with post counts in the thousands, go back and check some of those then we can all find questionable questions more than likely so I'm for the noob section, a safe place where you can show you ignorance or lack of knowledge. I still ask stupid questions and I'm going to continue to do so to find answers...I did learn to search before I ask though.
Fresh Alloy has tried it but it doesn't work. Some newbies think there smarter than they really are and instead of going to the basic forum for beginners they would rather chose to go to intermediate levels in the forum. The harsh reality is that Fresh Alloy is full of mechanical engineers that aren't there to spoon feed and just handout information if you are a grade a moron. The most intelligent of the bunch don't say anything at all, all you would need to know is that if they aren't answering there just laughing at the other end of the monitor....
But if people respect there forum enough they stop non sense stupid questions like that from occuring in there forum anyways. Alot of stupid questions that are posted in Fresh Alloy are also sometimes deleted for wasting bandwidth space. This is something the moderation at club 240.com/forums didn't catch on too. Increasing the amount of stupid information only slows the server down.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 03-02-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

that's why i feel that a series of articles, write ups and how tos is the best way to go. they can all range from how to check the gap on you plugs to engine swaps and so fourth.

this isn't grade school where you can move up based on what you've mastered. if a relative new comer (noob sounds disrespectful) wants to learn more advance aspects of the intricacies involved in tuning why should anyone hinder him/her from doing so.

i say more moderation and less segregation is the key.

Quick Reply: Club 240 Under New Management!!