S-Chassis Annoucements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Club 240 Under New Management!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Club240 Staff

Solution for newbs:

Many articles (will need help writing all these)

Good Newb/FAQ section with lots of informative stickies, rules, etc

Advance tech section for thos that want advanced discussion and not be bother by newbs at all

All of these together should help
Old 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

so what will be the method used to keep newbs from bothering the rest, as you say. post count?

moderation not segregation
Old 03-02-2007, 09:13 PM

freshalloy is a great board, but there is no discussion. there's plenty of information, but hardly any posts.

perhaps everyone is so smart and no one replies, but that does help anyone.

the end point of having a forum to help others.

if you look on freshalloy forums even the for sale section moves slowly. for a board to be so well put together and informative, not a lot of talking going on.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

I think we need an extremely obvious search button. Newbs dont even bother to look before they post. If its right there bright as day so they can't miss it I think it will be used more.
And one thing that we could use is a wheel fitment guide in the tech section. One that doesnt suck. Get rid of that wheels/tires/suspension forum and just lump it in with general.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 PM

See its not that they can't find the search button its that the search function on this forum is horrible
Old 03-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Club240 Staff

Originally posted by jramosthe1st!
so what will be the method used to keep newbs from bothering the rest, as you say. post count?

moderation not segregation
No, the newbs are not locked by post count. They CAN post anywhere especially since not all newbs are newbs. But by having a section where they can find their answers and ask newb question without getting killed, this helps. Moderation and member assistance is the method of enforcing where thigns should be. There is no forced segragation anywhere.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by CharlesJ
Solution for newbs:

"Advance tech section for thos that want advanced discussion and not be bother by newbs at all
All of these together should help "

thanx for clarifying but this sound like segregation to me

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 03-03-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member

Well, heres an idea: Just answer their damn question. Over on ZCar.com when a newb asks a ghey question it is usually answered, then they are told to search. That keeps them from being alienated while teaching them the virtures of the search button. Im not gonna lie, I have flamed over stupid questions, but maybe its time we stopped, or at least answer the question and then flame.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Basically I think if there is good info stickies, articles, and the search button I think there will be less repeadetly asked questions.

But I think there will always be those people who are too lazy to take some time and search.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

rather than answer and flame why not have the mods jump in and delete the post altogether. that way the forum wont be as cluttered.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

rather than answer and flame why not have the mods jump in and delete the post altogether. that way the forum wont be as cluttered.
sounds good to me, atleast let them know that the topic has been discussed before, and maybe lock it instead of just deleting it. just deleting it would kinda make us see fewer and fewer new people, and that is what this forum needs to be lively again.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

sounds good to me, atleast let them know that the topic has been discussed before, and maybe lock it instead of just deleting it. just deleting it would kinda make us see fewer and fewer new people, and that is what this forum needs to be lively again.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

agreed deleting a post is not the best thing to do.

i like the locking idea better. together i believe we can make things far better than they are. the problem is that we are in no way making the changes.

we can give as many ideas as we want and still get nowhere if the new management discards our ideas.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:29 PM

"Advance tech section for thos that want advanced discussion and not be bother by newbs at all
All of these together should help "

thanx for clarifying but this sound like segregation to me
Of course it is, thats why society has things like the Special Olympics, it is segregated for slow people. People need to learn to adapt to quick thinking or stay behind the rest of the crowd.
If you ever take college courses where there are lab group discussions, and lets say you work in a group that has one slow person, fact is it slows the whole group down....
Old 03-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
Of course it is, thats why society has things like the Special Olympics, it is segregated for slow people. People need to learn to adapt to quick thinking or stay behind the rest of the crowd.
If you ever take college courses where there are lab group discussions, and lets say you work in a group that has one slow person, fact is it slows the whole group down....
i went through that in high school chemistry. we were graded as a group and there was this girl that just did not belong in there to put it nicely.

but anyways i still insist that established guidelines and active mods is the key.

Quick Reply: Club 240 Under New Management!!