S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

general knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:37 AM

general knowledge

will a s14 skyline front clip swap out on my 95 240?i appreciate the response,why i was asking is that i was on a car sight and there was a full front clip from a silvia or skyline,hood fenders headlights tailights,etc.thats why i was wondering.i mean why would you need a full front clip if all you need is a wiring harness for an engine swap?like i said i'm very new to the nissan scene.i love my 240 it just needs more power.i'm originally a mustang motor head,so you can see my problem.to me domestic autos are easier to work on.i really want to learn about nissans because like i said i love my 240.

Last edited by chilibowl; 10-21-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: misunderstanding
Old 10-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by chilibowl
will a s14 skyline front clip swap out on my 95 240?

I am going to start off by saying no, but I am not even sure what you are asking. There is no such thing as an s14 skyline. S14 is the chassis number for a 95-98 240sx or silvia. Second I do not know what you mean by a clip swaping out yours. Do you mean weld on? If so, bad idea and no...a skyline clip will not work. Now any of these engines can be swaped in be it silvia or any skyline engine.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:28 AM

i was on a car sight not to long ago and saw a whole front clip from a silvia or skyline .i mean it had fenders, hood ,headlights,taillights,etc.thats why i was wondering if that stuff would swap out?if it won't why would anyone need a full clip other than a complete wiring harness for the engine.like i said i'm very new to the niissan scene.i've always been a ford mustang guy.and to me they are a lot easier to work on.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

there are alot of other parts that you get from ordering a full clip

anything is possible on a full swap..its a matter of how hard you want to work and how much cash you have
Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member

Was it a Silvia or a Skyline? It makes a major difference. When you buy a clip though, it's usually all crushed to hell from being stacked with other clips, so you can't use any of the body parts. The fenders won't work anyways, you'll have to buy conversion fenders. The whole point of buying a front clip is that you will have every single piece you need for an engine swap. By just buying an engine and harness there will most likely be some additional parts missing that you will still need to buy.