Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

1991 240sx how-to build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
no offense but you're going about it wrong. there's no reason to paint things just because you want to. that money should be spent on either replacing old worn out parts such as belts,hoses,bushings and so forth. or actual performance parts like intake, exhaust, cams,flywheel, and so on.

after all is said and done you'll be happier knowing that all you're work was actually worth the time and effort that went into your car.
Well, like i know that. I'm not trying to be ricey at all but, as I do things, I still wanna keep a theme. Cause its a daily driver, Im not looking for no 600 hp monster. Probably like 250. I gotta make it quickish. yet still attractive. And what happened to this forum being a judgement free zone?

So many people are being big *** dicks. And its so annoying. Like I don't tell you how to spend your money, now do I? Just drop it and if you have something negative to say about my style, then dont say anything at all from now on.

Anyways for the people that do care about this project:

One more thing for tommorow, if i get it running im gonna put her in the garage.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bumnah
Drift Nasty.
Team Awesome.

My friend was doing valve seal replacement on his cobra motor, and dropped one of the b bolts down an oil drain line in the head. It didn't come down into the oil pan, so he had to pull the motor and tear it apart to find the bolt. what a nightmare. plus the cobra motor went into a v6 mustang body.
I droped mine like under the fuel rail, like i see it. but i cant get it. aha
Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

lol dude dont be pms'ing about some comments... try Zilvia if you think were flaming you haha.

anyway Jramos was giving you constructive criticism if every time someone tries to help you, you get all defensive your going to end up not getting any help at all. learn to take constructive criticism and make your ride better.

also on what Jramos said is true (assuming because your in school and have a very limited income) instead on using your limited money on things that are non essential like paint spend it on things like maintenance. Things to make sure you wont break down somewhere and spend money on a tow truck for somthing you could have fixed.

anyway like you said its your money do what you want with it but all were doing is trying to steer you in the right direction.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
lol dude dont be pms'ing about some comments... try Zilvia if you think were flaming you haha.

anyway Jramos was giving you constructive criticism if every time someone tries to help you, you get all defensive your going to end up not getting any help at all. learn to take constructive criticism and make your ride better.

also on what Jramos said is true (assuming because your in school and have a very limited income) instead on using your limited money on things that are non essential like paint spend it on things like maintenance. Things to make sure you wont break down somewhere and spend money on a tow truck for somthing you could have fixed.

anyway like you said its your money do what you want with it but all were doing is trying to steer you in the right direction.
Yeah i know, I started to order things like normal tune up ****. Like I ordered plugs and wires,and i gotta change the oil cause the lights on, and basic stuff. but what they are saying is more than constructive critcism. but whatever just drop it. and stick to the car topic.

I'm gonna get actual "big" stuff for my birthday, and christmas. A while away, but i can wait for it..

Also sorry if i am all defensive, but like you guys are being dicks and like its beat, cause i pretty much live on this forum. And like I don't wanna be the nooby ricer guy. hahah.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Contributing Member

We're not being dicks. The 10 year old school girl comment was about how you said "like i'm so excited"

It's simple basic **** that we're trying to help you with, and you can either take the advice or not. You don't have to get all defense and say "it's my car I'll do what I want." you don't want to be the "nooby ricer", then don't act like one. If we're trying to get you going in the right direction, rather than going to bad route where you will be broken down on the side of the road waiting on someone to pick you up, then don't get mad. Just learn to be chill, before all of us decide that we don't want to help you anymore. Trust me, people don't like to get *****ed at, even though they were just trying to help.

Trust me, we were ALL in your position at one point or another, but you just have to learn how to take advice and listen to people. We know a little bit more about these cars than you (no offense, but we're all older, and have all owned these cars a bit longer) so we know what you should be doing in order to keep this little car on the road.

Like Ramos was telling you, you should be buying parts to get your car "up-to-date". Paint wont help you when you're stranded on the side of the road. Invest in a nice small tool box that you can keep in your car. Learn the basic maintenance stuff, that way you know how to fix things that break.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by shaban
We're not being dicks. The 10 year old school girl comment was about how you said "like i'm so excited"

It's simple basic **** that we're trying to help you with, and you can either take the advice or not. You don't have to get all defense and say "it's my car I'll do what I want." you don't want to be the "nooby ricer", then don't act like one. If we're trying to get you going in the right direction, rather than going to bad route where you will be broken down on the side of the road waiting on someone to pick you up, then don't get mad. Just learn to be chill, before all of us decide that we don't want to help you anymore. Trust me, people don't like to get *****ed at, even though they were just trying to help.

Trust me, we were ALL in your position at one point or another, but you just have to learn how to take advice and listen to people. We know a little bit more about these cars than you (no offense, but we're all older, and have all owned these cars a bit longer) so we know what you should be doing in order to keep this little car on the road.

Like Ramos was telling you, you should be buying parts to get your car "up-to-date". Paint wont help you when you're stranded on the side of the road. Invest in a nice small tool box that you can keep in your car. Learn the basic maintenance stuff, that way you know how to fix things that break.
Already bought a small toolbox for the trunk in the checkout isle at advanced. :P
Old 02-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

I agree with Shaban. I have owned 3 240s. 2 with KAs and 1 with an SR20. We are not being dicks, just giving you something to think about. You do not have to take our advice, we are just giving it to you. We have all done mods to our cars and later realized that wasnt the way to go. If you really want to get a 250HP monster, its gonna cost you about $4k. Any route that you go. SR20DET is prob the easiest way to go. Its already turbo. Add a FMIC, 3" turbo back exaust, Boost controller and you are almost there.

I have a question for you. What are your plans for this car? For show, drag, drift, Autocross?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 240smoke
I agree with Shaban. I have owned 3 240s. 2 with KAs and 1 with an SR20. We are not being dicks, just giving you something to think about. You do not have to take our advice, we are just giving it to you. We have all done mods to our cars and later realized that wasnt the way to go. If you really want to get a 250HP monster, its gonna cost you about $4k. Any route that you go. SR20DET is prob the easiest way to go. Its already turbo. Add a FMIC, 3" turbo back exaust, Boost controller and you are almost there.

I have a question for you. What are your plans for this car? For show, drag, drift, Autocross?
mainly daily driving, and maybe going to like meets.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

Alright, thats cool. I do Auto Cross, Drifting, Drag, and Terrorize my nighborhood with my backfires and BOV. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 AM

Alright, thats cool. I do Auto Cross, Drifting, Drag, and Terrorize my nighborhood with my backfires and BOV. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
bahahahahahaahha. ^^^

Yeah maybe one day ill drift, but im pretty sure my dumbass would die.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

Nah, you just have to go to open drifting practices. The people are usually pretty friendly and helpful. I just started last year and I will be competing this year.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Nah, you just have to go to open drifting practices. The people are usually pretty friendly and helpful. I just started last year and I will be competing this year.
oh thats sick, yeah, reese from driftnasty came today, and hes trading me a bunch of stuff for my bike, like i said, and hes gonna make the deal tommorow, and he said he'll help me out whenever i need it, and he said usually I just throw most of this **** out.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah I have an extra KA motor and Transmission and a bunch of other parts that I am prob gonna scrap out.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 PM

Yeah I have an extra KA motor and Transmission and a bunch of other parts that I am prob gonna scrap out.
ohhh. Well I dont haha.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

I have an extra KA also. I'm about to just give it away for free though, just sitting behind my tool shed taking up space. I have an SR20 (s14), I wish I had either an RB20 or RB25 though.

Quick Reply: 1991 240sx how-to build thread