Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Blackzenki82's Gold Zenki SR build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 11:29 PM

ouch man!
major ouchsauce
Old 12-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

alrighty, after long consideration, and thought, i've decided i'm going to buy another SR from JDM-Online, but just the long block, and swap all of my parts onto it, and sell the old motor and supporting ****e... things i will be selling to cover the cost of the long block are as follows..

SR block w/head minus cams (bad oil land rings in Cyl #2)
SR heads, one loaded with spings, minus the cams, and one bare blacktop head in good order
Brian Crower Stage 2 cams
GReddy Profec B spec II Eletronic boost controller with all wires and stuff
i am also considering selling my S14 VLSD (no J30/Z32 hybrid low gear ratio stuff)

i will have a for sale thread on thises items if your interested in any of them, or just PM me (preferred it if you did PM).

i will post a link to the F/S in this post later on an EDIT note so you can link directly to it from here, make it easy on ya so ya don't have to search...

DO NOT ASK TO BUY THESE THINGS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!!! lol, just PM or send a email to snoozebutton2001@hotmail.com
Old 12-17-2008, 12:04 AM

lol @ snoozebutton2001
noicccceee...
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member

snoozebutton is awesome, i got it from a song from a band called snot... weird name but AWESOME music, ya should check em out!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM

That song by snot is pretty good. I sent you a pm btw. It sucks that you have to go this route with the car but atleast you can look things over and make sure they are completed right.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BlackZenki82
update is this, my engine is ****ing shot, i got bad oil ring lands on Cly#2 and needs a complete rebuild or swap... **** this car i'm so pissed.... bout ready to give up on it... all this work i've already got into it... sonofa*****
sorry to hear.
i guess you must have not read a post of mine on the same subject in another thread so here it is.

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
also when buying any used engine you run the risk of having to go through with this entire rebuild ordeal. i would actually go through with a rebuild instead of an engine swap unless you rebuild that engine to begin with also. i don't care what a seller says you never know what you're really getting when it comes to engine swaps until it's too late.
yes sometimes i feel the need to quote myself.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

makes perfect sense to quote yourself when you're right, i live and learn i guess... new long block on the way!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

we've all been caught up in the moment and failed to think things through from time to time. that's just the way things go.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

alrighty guys, so i just ordered my new/used blacktop long block from JDM-online, guy sounds like a real straight up guy, and i've read some reviews, eBay feedback (not an eBay store, but sells on eBay), and 98% of customers seemed VERY pleased with the motor they got... comes with a midnight blue (although scratched), valve cover, and good compression across the board. looks like it'll be basically plug and play, just got to swap all my parts over on it and drop the bastard in WOOT WOOT!!!! might even come with a few internal goodies.... oh and it has between 50-55k miles.... time to roll back that 260.5k odometer lol

MOAR PIKTOARS!!!!!

so that's it... i got it for a decent price of $1075 shipped to my door step, and it should be arriving Monday or Tuesday of this coming week.... talk about fast shipping... now to get ready to pull the motor and trans out of the gold car, and start pulling parts off to go on this one... i will finally be able to realize the full potential of the turbo, and the SR....

stay tuned guys for the motor pull and swap pics... as well as a final answer to how this overall business will be going!!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

all the red silicone oozing out the sides isn't very assuring though.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Contributing Member

bad motor comes out today.... got the hoist, the tire (to set the motor on) and getting it done today..... updated with pics later
Old 12-20-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
all the red silicone oozing out the sides isn't very assuring though.
noitced that too, especially the oil pan, looked like it had some oil leakage at one point, either from sitting around, or jus some bad gaskets

first thing id do is get a bunch of gaskets, and some good cleaners, an get that thing lookin reeeeeal sexy
Old 12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

who cares about RTV? if anything it meant something was broke, and repaired already OR upgraded....

anyways, got the motor out, went out without a hitch.... talk about easy, i hope it goes in just as easy, but knowing my luck, probably not.... i also found out that the ACT stage 3 6 puck clutch has almost NO friction material left on so it will prob need to be replaced within 10-15k miles, if that, the way i drive lol...

anyways on with the pics, oh and there's a few suprises i found in my half blown SR that i didn't know i had... will fill in after pics...

getting started, pulled some IC piping and random **** off the SR, then put the piston on the hoist....

random shots with stuff pulled...

pile-o-parts, got bigger before the day was over though...

straight gutted, if you guys could only see the damage up close on this core support and front part of the frame.... ****!!!

almost ready, just had to pull off fuel rail, and unbolt the tranny brace...

chain hooked up, and pulling the beast out....

my boy johmar, working the hoist while i pump the jack, and manueve the motor out... he's got a bad *** Sil80, things sweet...

motor out, and tranny off, ACT stage 3 6 puck, loud and yellow.... KA>SR tranny conversion pics coming up soon..... and no, the chain IS NOT on the breather "T"

looks like the tranny might already be a KA>SR conversion, it's two tone.... lovely B&M SS sitting there... NOICE!!!

baller *** turbo.... custom built upgraded Garret TB2804 Pulsar GTIR turbo...

and my busted old SR, as she sleeps...

thats all for pics and the tear out....

now for the AWESOME little treats i found at the end of the pull.... so i randomly pulled the valve cover off, just to check and make sure the guy i bought the car from wasn't bull****ting about the Brian Crower stage 2 cams, and well he was bull****ting, but i wasn't angry, only because instead of the Brian Crowers, they were HKS Stage 2 cams, AND there was some GReddy rocker arm stoppers in there as well..... like an early Christmas!!!

well, that's all for now, i'll be pulling the cams and RAS's out of this motor tomorrow to put in my new SR that should be here around Friday.... might also work on the KA>SR conversion, who knows, i have all week, minus Christmas and Christmas eve...

more updates, with pics to come!!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

it looks to me like the precious owner was not too concerned with doing things properly. as already mentioned you should replace the gaskets that have silicone and make sure that it wasn't blocking any passages be it oil or coolant. i use rtv quite often but there a reason why the direction state that a thin bead should be used.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 PM

/\_/\

iv seen an engine spin a bearing because of too much RTV an blockin up oil passeges, although that engine had a pretty freakin rediculous amount of it, but better safe then sorry and a couple gaskets r alot cheaper than another engine

its nothin against u were not sayin u made a bad buy or nething, u got a pretty danm good deal on the engine IMO, were jus tryin to help u out with precautions you should take, then ull have that much less of a headache down the road man

Quick Reply: Blackzenki82's Gold Zenki SR build thread.