Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Blackzenki82's Gold Zenki SR build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

okay guys i just pulled the clutch and flywheel off..... and yet ANOTHER SURPRISE!!!!!!

FIDANZA 9LB FLYWHEEL FTMFFW!!!!!

all these surprises makes me wonder what may be INSIDE the motor..... Pistons? Rods? stroker crank? lolol

new purchases-

Fidanza replacement friction plate
F1 Stage 3 6 puck sprung clutch (i know it's a cheapo, but i don't have a very big budget...)

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 12-21-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:16 PM

No offense but that would kind of spook me a bit. Modded parts especially improved clutch equipment to me says the motor was run hard before it was pulled. I personally would be afraid the previous owner beat on the motor and then ditched it.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

all these parts are coming off the OLD motor.... and then going on the new... so i'm not too concerned about how hard the half blown SR was driven...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlackZenki82
all these parts are coming off the OLD motor.... and then going on the new... so i'm not too concerned about how hard the half blown SR was driven...
Ahh..Didnt catch that the first time...Sounds cool
Old 12-22-2008, 06:08 AM

This is why im not rushing my swap .good finds though .
Old 12-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Updates!! i got the HKS cams and rocker arm stoppers out of the old SR, and ready for the new one, just sitting in my car port looking all sexy, i got the cheap *** clutch on the way as well as a a new friction surface plate for the Fidanza coming... no new clutch set up in the new SR FTMFW!!

i also finally got the motor paid for on Monday through paypal, Nesar at JDM online wasn't able to run my MasterCard for some reason even though his merchant account was set up, and it shipped out yesterday from Canada, and should be here around Friday...

what's good about JDM online, is that since i've had to wait over a week to get this motor shipped, he said go ahead and use pay pal, but it kinda screws him... how you ask? due to the exchange rate from US to CA money, when he gets paid, it will equal roughly out to $800CDN, and not the $1075USD, but he said he'd do it cause i've been waiting for a while, nice guys over there, and he's throwing in the coil pack cover w/allen bolts for free, so woot woot!!!

i also traded my Ebay cat back for a 5 lug swap (traded mine for a Xbox 360 w/games and all kinds of other stuff), a Zenki hood (you've all seen mine, and how beat it is), a Zenki bumper in perfect condition, and a KA AC compressor... damn good deal you all say right? well it's from a buddy of mine, and he's hooking me up cause he needs a cat back for his swap project but is out of $$$ and is about to get laid off.... so awesome sauce...

also as a teaser, i might be having some staggered Rays Engineering G Game 77Fs on the way, 18x8 +20 up front and 18x9+20 in the rear with BFG tires all around... they are 2pc and forged as well.... look like these...
Name:  P1010261.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  63.8 KB
Name:  ggames003.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  52.8 KB
Name:  ggames77f.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  34.4 KB
just imagine them on a Gold S14....

that's all for now guys.... stay tuned....

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 12-23-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

here's some shots of the actual wheels that i MIGHT be getting.... not too sure yet....

they're not too bad if i don't say so my self, and are +20, half the offset i have on my current wheels.... still a little high but oh well....
Old 12-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

pics of possible new wheels.... fixed now? had complaints they didn't work.... but here's the actual wheels... not "file photos"....

opinions???
Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

another update, KA>SR tranny conversion is now complete, and i have REVERSE now woot woot... now i can back that thang up when i spin out into the infield drifting, cause i spin out A LOT.... i'll let the pics and captions do the rest of the talking....

the beginning, bust SR trans with no reverse....

got the shift fork, bearing, and "back plate" (i dunno what that plate is called), and removed the C clips, which was a pain in the ***...

SR bell housing is off and old gear box sitting to the side, bell housing ready for the ready for the KA gear box...

B&M baller status.....

KA tranny from the black car, ready for transplant...

FINISHED!!!! had a few problems with some rods on the inside and getting them to line up, so i just stood the tranny up on it's bellhousing on some bricks, and twisted the gear box around and it dropped right in place... wasn't too bad...

got the "back plate" and bearing and shift for in.... used bearing though, will be replacing with a new OEM unit... also swapped the little slave cylinder thing off the KA bell housing and swapped it on the SR as it was in near perfect shape and the SR unit was kinda shot...

AND i now have a full lower harness for my tranny, and all sensors, so AWESOMESAUCE... it's the little things guys, the little things...

call me pig pen, with my messy work area....

this one speaks for itself.... no more double parking, pull through parking spots, or parking way out in the back of a parking lost cause i can't back up with out flintstoning it...

well that's it for now guys, just waiting on the clutch, fidanza friction plate, and the the motor, and i'm almost ready for the install....

stay tuned...

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 12-24-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:18 PM

I dig the wheels dude, nice to see everything coming together. Have you stumbled upon any other issues with the vehicle?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

just the frame damage, well not really frame, but under body damage like the core support was a little more screwed that i thought it was, but other than that, nothing major really... everything's coming along fairly smoothly now that I'm replacing damn near EVERY thing on this car...
Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM

Now atleast you can make sure it is done right this time! Was the busted intercooler from the gold car?
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

it was a greddy, fixed with JB weld... hold boost, tested it, just looks like ****...

now for the gold, or shall i say pink.... ballers only.....

Neon pink SR tranny FTMFW!!!!!!!

don;t hate cause you didn't think of it first.... neon *****es...... neon....

if anyone ever works on my car but me, when it goes up the lift/over the pit, the tech/mechanic is gonna ge like WTF?!?!?!?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:27 PM

Hotness.....
Old 12-24-2008, 10:46 PM

LMFAO!!!
haha neon pink tranny is pretty danm boss dude, i like it!

Quick Reply: Blackzenki82's Gold Zenki SR build thread.