After a long roller coaster ride, Motor wont turn over again. Help please!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:30 PM

After a long roller coaster ride, Motor wont turn over again. Help please!

Ok so the long list of things that have gone wrong and could have an effect is far too long so ill try to cover what I can.

Car: 92 240sx.
Motor: sr20 swap 3 or 4 years ago.
fuel pump: nippondenso pump from rx7

since that time, I have changed my ignition and my fuel pump. during the pump switch, we also changed ALL the pump wiring, fuses, and relay (and were going to put a manual switch on instead of the relay, but this was working). both of these fixes were last year. I have only driven the car with that fuel pump for maybe 2 months before the car slept for winter.

I have had no luck passing the sniffer ever since the swap, and have been littered with issues running pig rich. I ordered a new O2 sensor (is not installed yet) and was going to clean the injectors in hopes of getting some positive results with the sniff test.

I went to run the motor and warm it up a week ago and was intending to fix these Air-fuel ratio issues. The motor turned over like a dream and i let it warm up. once at running temp, I took it for a rip around the block. It drove perfectly untill i got one block away, when I gave it some juice and revved to 6 grand in 1st. then the revs dropped.

My power was drained instantly. the motor stalled while i was driving (just like what happened before i changed my fuel pump 8 months ago)

the fuel was almost on E, so i put more 94* in it and still no luck. the motor will not turn over, but it will crank fine.

The other thing is that there is a whack *** sound coming from the back when im trying to turn over. could that be my fuel pump making the "shoes in the dryer" sound?

Any input is great, and thank you in advance!

Last edited by BC_Junglist; 05-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

so does the fuel pump still work or no...?