Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

brake problem, please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 10:19 AM

Unhappy brake problem, please help

Hello friends

I'm having some trouble with my brakes! I replaced the calipers, rotors and pads, all new. About six months before this, I replaced the master cylinder with a rebuilt. Everything worked fine for a while, but then the passenger side front caliper started to seize on me when it heated up. It seized to the point that I couldn't drive the car. I thought I had a bad caliper, so I replaced it. That didn't work. I took it to a shop who thought it might be the brake lines and replaced them. That didn't work. Then they said the only thing left would be the master cylinder. Being that it was still fairly new, but a rebuilt, I thought maybe it wasn't any good. They replaced it with a new cylinder and everything worked fine for about 4 months. Now the same caliper is starting to seize again. I'm back to square one. I've replaced almost every brake park on this car with new. Anyone ever experience this before? The shop can't figure it out either. Every shop I take it to wants to change the caliper, master cylinder etc.. all over again. I know that this isn't the problem.

Please help.

Thank you

Steve
Old 05-31-2003, 02:09 PM

Check your ABS (if your car has it) and the electronics that do with it. if thats not it i'm lost

Old 05-31-2003, 02:17 PM

no abs

Should have stated that, but I dont' have ABS. YOu're not the only one lost. It's a real mistery.