Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

probs with strut install..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 08:05 PM

probs with strut install..

Ok.. so im working no my front end today.. got my shocks/struts with springs already mounted..

I get my wheels off and start pulling bolts left and right...
I get to the bottom bolt on the front shock on the drivers side... and I CANNOT Get it off. I sprayed Liquid Wrench and even used a bar to help pry.. it still wont come off. I busted it with a hammer a couple times.. still nothing. I start pulling on it some more. I think I busted my Ratchet on it.. Any idea how to get it off??????
Old 04-21-2005, 12:17 AM

yeah my bolts were a pain in the *** too. Here's how i did it assuming that there are a bolt each top and bottom just like a 95 240.

have a guy push (not too hard) on your hub or rotor (we pushed in the rotor but be careful not to bend it). It won't move but it will relieve some pressure that the suspension is creating. (yes the stock suspension compresses down on to the two bolts... amazing isn't it). try pulling out the bolt now. Tell him not to push in all the way because he'll create added pressure on the bolts making it harder. This will make it alot easier for you to just pull out one of the bolts. Took me all of an hour and half to figure this out. Once you take out the second bolt the hub will try to come down real hard and maybe even hurt you if your not careful. We used our feet to push the rotor in and once the bolt came out, we just jumped back.

It's not as dangerous as i make it sound. trust me it's real easy, but like with any car modification, you can hurt yourself if you don't know what you're doing.