Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

what is the diff between sr20det and kat????

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 11:07 PM

Picking KA over SR...Ty picked KA over SR and has 330rwhp for more than 50K...Mike Lee has 504rwhp on a KA...should i say more?

btw for low boosting the KA is perfect...Ty has stock internals and drifts the **** of his car and track races it...so it doesn't really need too much. plus i bet i can get 500rwhp reliable...like everyday driving...for cheaper or at same price as SR.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
btw, something that's really funny to me is that i've seen a few people putting SR's into Hardbody pickups, too. guess that makes them truck motors as well...
So ture, so true.

I still love my SR though.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:49 PM

heck mine is makin 260 on stock internals and im not even done turning up the boost --its all in the tuning for the hp gains you are lookin for you could get that with about 8psi i made 196 at 6 psi you got your turbo got fmic the manifold you are havin made i forgot what fuel management you had (or getting) safc I is plenty if you aren't getting enough fuel then aftermarket fpr $120 there you go BUT DONT BE SKIMPY ON THE TUNING
Old 01-11-2004, 10:43 PM

hey, sorry to be off topic again, but since everyone else is doin it i wanna start a fight too. now... ...let's see how can i **** off both sides of the ka vs. sr battle. I know... 240 SX'S ALL SUCK! THEY ARE $H!TTY CARS. ANYONE WHO OWNES A 240 SX SUX!!! thats right chew on that!!! im just kiddin guys, but i jumped in late and just read through 3 pages of arguments before this post. have a nice day
Old 01-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by chriswgsx
hey, sorry to be off topic again, but since everyone else is doin it i wanna start a fight too. now... ...let's see how can i **** off both sides of the ka vs. sr battle. I know... 240 SX'S ALL SUCK! THEY ARE $H!TTY CARS. ANYONE WHO OWNES A 240 SX SUX!!! thats right chew on that!!! im just kiddin guys, but i jumped in late and just read through 3 pages of arguments before this post. have a nice day
lemme add to that: ALL GASOLINE MOTORS SUCK!!! it's all about the diesel baby, YEAH!!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:14 PM

lets make matters worse!!! cars are crap. anyone who has a car or wants a car or likes cars or has seen a car sux.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:28 AM
Contributing Member

hell yeah, chris!! that's what i'm talking about! MOPED WORLD ORDER!!! WOOOOOO!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 05:54 PM

The 3rd generation Toyota Supra has the same stigma as the 240's; the US spec engine is larger and has more torque, but is not known as being as strong internally or as powerful as the smaller engine swap.
People on Supra forums refer to the 7M as a "truck engine", not because the same engine came in trucks, but because of it's smaller bore, long stroke [undersquare engine]. Many want the 1JZ-GTE engine, which is a 2.5L that pushes out 50 more horsepower and is ready for plenty more without aftermarket internals. Others say "forget the 1JZ - the money you would spend on the swap could make a bad @$$ 7M".
Old 06-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Drunk_Medic
The 3rd generation Toyota Supra has the same stigma as the 240's; the US spec engine is larger and has more torque, but is not known as being as strong internally or as powerful as the smaller engine swap.
People on Supra forums refer to the 7M as a "truck engine", not because the same engine came in trucks, but because of it's smaller bore, long stroke [undersquare engine]. Many want the 1JZ-GTE engine, which is a 2.5L that pushes out 50 more horsepower and is ready for plenty more without aftermarket internals. Others say "forget the 1JZ - the money you would spend on the swap could make a bad @$$ 7M".
I'm loving the MA70. I picked the 240 over it though. It's a sexy car. But yeah, I'd pick the KA over the SR. I just love the way it responds for a "little" engine. It's the little engine that could... haul ***... lol.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:32 AM

mmm grand nationals...
Old 06-07-2004, 11:39 PM
RR5

www.gladmanperformance.com shows us a turbo KA24e and http://www.inductionperformance.com/...y-testride.wmv shows us an sr20 in a 91 240.

Granted the 91 240 was built by someone working in a car shop so he has an upper hand tuning wise, its still nicer to see the the ka turbo haul much nicer mid-range powerwise.

After all is said and done, I still want to add the turbo into my 1990 s13.

[edit] Ok the sr20 totally blows that ka24e turbo out of the water. With ease. But the KA turbo is easier to do if you get kits with all piping welded for you. Just install and speed![\edit]

Last edited by RR5; 06-07-2004 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:33 PM

Yo ass15 i feel you being a college student and not having enough money. i understand you just cant dump a few thousand dollars for an sr swap just yet, or atleast ill let you be the judge of that. Personally it would be much easier to little by little buy your parts for your Kat. I know your asking which is better between sr and kat, they both have their pros and cons and no doubt they're both fun motors. If you were to take the route of turbocharging your ka also take the time to learn more about how they work to see if you feel comfortable in doing this project yourself which can save you alot of money as far as putting it together yourself and primarly good deals on part. like you were saying your a college student with a budget. Im reading a book called MAXIMUM BOOST by Corky Bell this is an excellent book for designing, testing and installing turbocharger system.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by 90,240sx
who would pick a ka over an sr???????
To answer your question, only a total moron would choose the KA over an SR....a total moron like me.

I love my KA-T. I built it myself. It puts out more power than a stock SR, and I did it for half the cost of an SR swap. With the cost of an SR swap, I would have 300 rwhp.

End of story.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
RR5

Originally posted by ziggy682
To answer your question, only a total moron would choose the KA over an SR....a total moron like me.

I love my KA-T. I built it myself. It puts out more power than a stock SR, and I did it for half the cost of an SR swap. With the cost of an SR swap, I would have 300 rwhp.

End of story.
And more power is what we want, right? To be driving and suddenly get that urge STEP ON IT! and go flying down the street or highway. Or we see a car we dont like passing us, ok SLAM THE GAS and blow by them.

Or is that only me.