Audio, Video and Security Stereos, Subs, In-Dash Tv's and alarms

rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:06 PM

rear speakers

how do i take out the rear speakers. it has the cover on it and i cant take it off. i want to take out the amp too, i tried today but it was sorta stuck and i didn't want to break anythin
Old 03-13-2005, 08:37 AM

good luck i tried to you aint got no room to take the dam screws out if any body has any sugg. please let us know thanks c-ya honda.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:45 PM

i got mine out no problem. i believe people call it a socket and ratchet combination... it might be 8-10mm, can't remember exactly.

i know with the infinity kappas i put in, i could not use stock screws. i just used 4 skinny screws so they don't slide around (meaning, they're not super snug in there)
Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 PM

if its a coupe, wat i did was take a flat head, fold down the back seat and the lip that touches near whree the back seat was, i put the flat head under there and ran it along there it pop it up. then i just poped the rest of the cover up. be careful when moving the cover lift the side closest to you first up and pull it out, dont try to turn it.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

if its a fastback like mine, its no problem at all... at least i didnt think so... took a while to figure out though. What i did was climb in the trunk and tried to take off the piece of plastic that has the grill on it, but abandoned that idea and decided to see if the grill itself popped off. CHA-CHING the rear grill pops right off with a small flat tip screwdriver. Now that the grills are off, you have to be creative. Im a fat bastard whos 17 and has no patience, so i said f*ck trying to get my screwdriver bits out (cuz its like 87 degress with 93%humidity today in louisiana), and just took the plastic mount the speaker is on, and broke the crap out of it pulling it out. I planned on makin a new mount anyway because no speaker fits the hole. anyway, now that the speaker is out, time for the ratchet and the screw bit to take out that ONE screw that held the thing in place... I used .098 think plexiglass to make the mount... i wanted quarter inch think, but LOWE'S sucks nads and doesnt carry it in small sheets... only like the 4x8' sheets. Anyways, it wokrs fine because its so small of a plate that vibration really isnt a concern. I put 1/4" weatherstrip between the speaker and the plexiglass (to help keep it from vibrating the plex to death) and then put some around the edge of where the mount meets the metal... sounds really good and works well too!... now about that screw, throw it at your neighor's f-150 because you wont need it, just put screws in the holes that are already in the sheet metal
Old 04-22-2005, 09:49 AM

if its a 95 just fold down the rear seats, take a screw driver and pop off the rear deck that has the speaker grills on it, it's not that hard. just be easy as not to break anything. And if you have an amp, well then goood luck, but that unbolts from the top too.

and are you in b-town as in boston?