Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Trans Noise Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 01:53 PM

Trans Noise Please Help

1995 240sxS14Se With Ka24De.

Ok i Developed this noise about hmm a week or so Ago..Heres the story.

I Installed a 11Lb flywheel Stage 3 6 puck clutch Heavy duty pressure plate New Piolot bearing and Throw out bearing.
I installed all Parts with a torque wrench too and with factory torque specs.

So anyways I was driving down the highway and when I shifted I heard this abnormal noise and it was kinda loud Buzzing grinding noise.

So at first it would only do it when I would shift.

Then after I got off the highway and I got home at Idle it was making this klonking noise kinda like a rod knock but its not. and its def Coming from the tranny.

So I went for a ride to 7elevin and I was pissed so I shifted really hard and the noise went away..

Well I noticed that when the noise is gone when i rev up to like 4K i hear a noise kinda like some one on a skate board with plastic wheels riding down a bumpy asphalty road....And I notice when the noise is current there is a change in my clutch pedal, it feels like a clicky crunchy feeling.And when The noise is current if Im engaged in a gear accelerating the noise goes away untill about 3,500rpm's, and when I let off the gas and slow down but stay in gear and ride the clutch its makes that loud buzzing noise.And One more thing that I noticed is when the noise decides to pop up when im sitting at idle the noise is louder and when I push down the clutch pedal it quiets down sometimes to the point where you cant hear it at all.

Ohh another thing that might help you guys diagnose the problem is Ever since I installed the clutch kit I noticed when I would hold down the clutch pedal I would notice a constant Noise like an Old worn out bearing spinning but no sooner I come off the clutch pedal you cant hear it.
So anyways I kno its def not the engine it was rebuilt and The noise goes away sometimes for 2 days and then comes back.And If it were in the Engine it would be constant and the kinda noise that is current My engine definetly wouldnt be running by now.

Also I have 869 break in miles on my clutch kit and it feels ****ing weak compared to my brothers clutch kit and he has the same one in his Integra but a stage 1 and my buddy has one in his 240S13 and his is a stage 2 and mines a stage 3 and feels weaker then theres.

So I have a few thoughts running threw my mind.

1.Fly wheel Is loose .(but wouldnt I notice alot more problems such as slippage on the clutch)
2.Flywheel bolt came out.
3.Pressure plate bolt came out.
4.Screwed up throw out bearing.

Please help me Guys im so frustrated I just got this car finished and I have already dropped the tranny before and It sucks doing this in my back yard on in the rocky driveway.