NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

another idle issue....followed by a heavy shake and then a stall out......

Old 08-25-2009, 08:07 AM

kay....well, since ive had the car ive had the sulfery smell and its only gotten worse since ive owned it. i always thought that becuz it sat in a police yard for almost 2 years then i got it, tuned it up(oil change,trans fluid,air filter and plugs/wires) it never really went away. The car has always been strong and never had a idle problem with it until now. now-i was gonna just swap over the IACV and injectors off of my spare 95 KAde motor......will that work?? i havnt seen alot of parts that switch over between the 2 motors(s13 KAde vs. s14 KAde). The ign coil will jut have to be bought new or something. I have the whole s14 fuel rail w/injec,fpr,and fuel lines the go over the mani. ,could i switch that whole thing over and plug my injector harness into the s14 injectors?

on the exhaust side of things-is there anyway of narrowing it down to a bad cat?? ive heard of ppl gutting their cats....whats that about?? how hard is that to do?? thanx guys

Last edited by 1991se240sx; 08-25-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

you're gonna have to start using the search function, everything that you've asked so far has been addressed in detail.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM

well.....today-i went out there and ripped off the s13 fuel rail,inj,and hose assembly...swapped over the s14 one and bolted evrything right up. i noticed my vac line to my fpr was kinda shytty lookin....so i fixed that too. after evrything was buttoned up and back to gether i took for a spin......not a single problem. figured it was too short of a ride and waited 30 mins then took a 40-45 min ride to go pick my car up.......nothing. car seemed a tad sluggish-but for some reason i cant stop pinning that on my shytty "home-garage-job" exhaust.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
you're gonna have to start using the search function, everything that you've asked so far has been addressed in detail.
Ya didn't you read the sticky, That your not allowed to post new threads or ask questions about anything and everything that has ever been discussed on the internet at any point in time, ever before. God what a newb. He didn't read the sticky.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

i can't help but to feel like there's a bit of sarcasm in that statement being directed at me.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

haha. I sense alot. At least this guy is giving us something to chat about. yeah, it gets annoying answering the same question several times but it at least gives us some activity.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

i posted twice on the matter trying to help, but i guess it still wasn't enough for him. i'm not the type to go around telling people search becuase we really do need some activity, but every now and then i just can't help myself, it has to be said.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

yeah, very true. Some stuff can be easily figured out by looking online for 5 minutes. people just get lazy.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:24 PM

damn yall......thats how it is huh?? not to shyt on anyones lil parade or anything.....but i have used the search bar. And typing in the word idle or idle problems, etc......try it and see what you come up with. i got a shyt load of pages and threads just because they mentioned the word "idle" or "idle problem", etc. I work 10+ hours a nite at my 3rd shift job, and 5-6 hours a day at my buddys lil car detailing gig. On top of constantly working....im playin daddy to my 2 little boys. So.......before you wanna jump off callin people lazy-why dont you do some damn research and get some facts on what the f**k your talkin about. I post questions for you to answer....plain and simple. ive read half of evrybodies replies on various topics-and i can tell which people on this site THINK they are the shyt because they kno how to do a thing or 2 with a 240. Its rather disappointing that i go away for a while and come back to see the wonderful blantantness directed towards me. everything that was implied by anyone about ANYTHING ive ever posted has been done or taken into consideration. So dont sit there and try to be mr. gay-***-im-innocent type o' dude. Talkin bout...........ive said this and ive said that and this guy wont listen blah blah blah........screw you bro. ever think i didnt listen bcuz your remedy didnt solve my problem?? even after my many updates letting know of current situation.......im still a "NEWB"(put one in each side of your jaws buddy) or im "LAZY". funny shyt. not reading stickies?? get off me bro-i have read them plenty of times. i dont need you tellin me what i do and dont do

Its also good to see the direction that this site has taken in the past months.....i quit with nico and zilvia because of the "downtalk" and the flaming. On here-it was positive, good turn around time for answering posts, etc etc. Not so much anymore.....we got a few people who can tune a single slammer, or kick an *** end out, or anything else.....and that gives them a right to jus go off topic(in my own thread) and jus start doggin me like that?? i think ill take a few flamed comments and downtalk for what im on the internet for in the 1st place.

i feel-if you can answer a question....then reply to the thread. If not-keep on movin on. If you have provided an answr and your answer didnt work(like all of yalls input on my prob)-then you tried...if you have no other info to offer...leave it allone and move on. Im done with all this crap.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

I wasnt directing anything towards you. Just so you know. I know your problem is a little deeper than the simple ones I was directing towards.

"haha. I sense alot. At least this guy is giving us something to chat about. yeah, it gets annoying answering the same question several times but it at least gives us some activity"

And the dude was kidding about the "reading the sticky thing"

He was actually taking your side.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

we all have lives and things to do so tone it done with the working +10hrs and playing dad and what not, man up and quit your crying. you were given advice and that's all we can do. if the advice given wasn't of any use, you can always take you car to a shop. i'm not f lamming, just telling it like it is.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 PM

your right. it is what it is. dueces
Old 09-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Update..................

: UPDATE UPDATE........................today was the day it all went away. I finally got tired of evrything and put on a fairly new s14 throttle body(clean *** shyt-no gunk or anything and new TPS) with new gasket. Hooked it all back up fine. Moved onto taking the MAF off and cleaning with the spray stuff. Knocked that out and put it back in after it had time to dry and what not.

Then decided to trash the NGK platinums and put in new Champion coppers gapped to .044. After all this was done it was still idling like shyt and smoke still coming out the exhaust. Saw in my search today goin through some recent and old threads about this problem....and saw something about the Coolant Temp Sensor. So, knowing the one on my s14 motor was brand spanking new(along with the sensor right next to it) I decided to put them in. Out with the old and in with the new.....and BOOM!!!! the car was back to its sicknesss. No idle bounce-steady at 700,no black smoke, no nothing. I couldnt freakin believe it. Im so stoked right now.....and it seems like it running akot more solid now-can just feel the power in the throttle. Thanx to all that have helped on this beast. later yall