NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:22 PM

problem?

Ok , my problem is this I got a KA24de motor in my car. And yes, it is rebuild only 8,000 miles on it. Um...does anyone know how to wire everything for KA24de motor?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:34 PM

1. Locate the body harness (under dash harness that attached to the ECU) that attached to your old harness. Cut the old connector off (the one that attached to your SOHC harness) and attach your DOHC body harness connector. Just match the colors! There will be some wires left over. These are for the SOHC's diagnostic plug, and are unnecessary. Please note: Your car will NOT be able to hook up to a CONSULT tool. To accomplish this, you must get a body harness with all the correct DOHC wiring. This is why we cut the body harness connector off, and not the engine harness connector.
2. I recommend using a soldering iron, shrink tubing and electrical tape as opposed to butt connectors. It makes for a much cleaner job, and a cleaner electrical signal.
3. You need to swap out your tach if you want one that works. No wiring is involved, but it must be done. Simply pull your combination meter (gauge cluster) and remove the three screws behind the tach. Lift and separate. Installation is reverse of removal.
4. You should also extend the wires that go to the PS line sensor and connect that to your sub harness. It's not necessary, but it's a good
idea.

this is by mrmephistopheles

Last edited by ReigH; 05-25-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by ReigH
1. Locate the body harness (under dash harness that attached to the ECU) that attached to your old harness. Cut the old connector off (the one that attached to your SOHC harness) and attach your DOHC body harness connector. Just match the colors! There will be some wires left over. These are for the SOHC's diagnostic plug, and are unnecessary. Please note: Your car will NOT be able to hook up to a CONSULT tool. To accomplish this, you must get a body harness with all the correct DOHC wiring. This is why we cut the body harness connector off, and not the engine harness connector.
2. I recommend using a soldering iron, shrink tubing and electrical tape as opposed to butt connectors. It makes for a much cleaner job, and a cleaner electrical signal.
3. You need to swap out your tach if you want one that works. No wiring is involved, but it must be done. Simply pull your combination meter (gauge cluster) and remove the three screws behind the tach. Lift and separate. Installation is reverse of removal.
4. You should also extend the wires that go to the PS line sensor and connect that to your sub harness. It's not necessary, but it's a good
idea.

this is by mrmephistopheles
ok thanks so...much