Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

correct me if i'm wrong

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

correct me if i'm wrong

aren't all religions inherently suspossed to promote peace? i was on the topic of religion with a friend of my girl friend and i was wondering why she believed what she believed...so i would ask her questions and she would give me a responce....after a while she become more and more upset at my line of questioning and before too long she left, very upset....this got me thinking

if all religions promote peace...why then is it perverted into something else? and why do people have to be so closed minded that the idea of their belief system being considered wrong when seen though the eyes of someone else is utterly out of the question....

and please dont respond back to this with crap about sept 11
Old 04-22-2002, 04:13 AM

Ehhh oh well I'm just an atheist so what the hell do I know. You know not believing in a hell makes it alot easier to act the way you really want.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:20 PM

Re: correct me if i'm wrong

Originally posted by leiferik1
if all religions promote peace...why then is it perverted into something else? and why do people have to be so closed minded that the idea of their belief system being considered wrong when seen though the eyes of someone else is utterly out of the question....

and please dont respond back to this with crap about sept 11
Well Leiferik1, if you look at the core of all religions, they are all mostly the same. The cultures that it effects is what separates the religions. Yes, they do all promote peace, but when politics get involved, all hell breaks loose. For instance, the Israeli/Palestine conflict right now (this is not meant to spark a whole discussion on this topic), before they both wanted to become a state, Israeli and Palestinians were next door neighbors and friends. But when politics got involved, both sides started hating each other.

Also, there are so many interpretations on religion. What is written in the holy texts may say one thing that can be interpreted in many different ways. Fanatics usually interpret the texts the way they think but the difference is that they impose those interpretations on their people (Iran/Afghanistan, for example).

So to sum this all up, religion shouldn't be made to rule your life, just to guide you when you need it. If you've noticed, the most religious people are the most fu<ked up...seriously just take a look. Also, there are many people in this world who do not have a good education and they feel lost, so the only thing that can keep them in line in this society is religion, but it's only when religion is their only way of life that becomes a problem (at least in my perspective).

Did that answer ANYTHING?
Old 04-22-2002, 01:34 PM

go here: http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthr...threadid=72348

read everything. dont bother going to the first link that yfz-r1 gives.

and jsyk, yfz-r1 spouts religous bs all the time to everyone.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Arrow

Agnostic is the way to be
Old 04-26-2002, 06:44 PM

well were you an ******* about it? i can understand how someone may feel intimidated by your line of questioning, although i do agree with whole religion/promotion of peace thing.