Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

(another LSD ?) Which of these LSD's should I get

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 05:27 PM

LSD

I went w/ the KAAZ 2 way, I like it!
Old 11-01-2003, 04:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
id say ABS isnt good for drifting..ABS stops u from locking up the tires right? In drifting its helpful (if not needed) to lock the rear wheels. So i guess ABS and drifting do not go well together
Not necessarily... I know a couple people who drift with ABS-equipped cars. ABS only kicks in under heave braking with the pedal - not the side brake (E-brake). Sidebrake drifting, shift lock, feint, power-over, etc. can all be done while having ABS. The point of initiating a drift is to break just the rear wheels loose while keeping the necessary traction up front to steer and control the now-sideways car through the corners, not to break traction on all four - which then would be pretty impossible with ABS on a relatively clean street or driving surface.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
Not necessarily... I know a couple people who drift with ABS-equipped cars. ABS only kicks in under heave braking with the pedal - not the side brake (E-brake). Sidebrake drifting, shift lock, feint, power-over, etc. can all be done while having ABS. The point of initiating a drift is to break just the rear wheels loose while keeping the necessary traction up front to steer and control the now-sideways car through the corners, not to break traction on all four - which then would be pretty impossible with ABS on a relatively clean street or driving surface.
So ABS doesnt really hurt drifting? ABS doesnt kick in anytime when theyre drifting?
Old 11-01-2003, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

I'd think that HICAS affects drifting more than ABS does... because again from my understanding, ABS activates when you stomp on the brake pedal and hold it. If you do that while drifting either you're going way too fast for the turn, or you want to stop in the middle of the road
Old 11-01-2003, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

o0k, Well HICAS is one of the worst enemies for drifting Guess ABS+Drifting aint so bad.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
o0k, Well HICAS is one of the worst enemies for drifting Guess ABS+Drifting aint so bad.
while i'm no expert, i think it would only be logical. the hicas would be fighting to maintain grip (by actual turing the rear wheels) while the driver/drifter would be fighting to break free. i guess it would be kinda like trying to lock up the wheels when u got abs??
Old 11-23-2003, 10:14 AM

Cusco LSD is top notch! You can customize your LSD: RS or MZ, full carbon plates or semi, angle cuts, 1/1.5/2 way (need R180 or R200 for some vechicles), and rebuildable.
Attached Thumbnails (another LSD ?) Which of these LSD's should I get-rs-cusco-lsd-pic.jpg  
Old 11-23-2003, 10:41 PM

Thanks for the info!

Sounds good, but how much is it? Carbon plates sound expensive. ATS also had some carbon plate diffs, but I don't need that for street driving. The Kaaz is rebuildable, and they have offices in the US, so you don't need to send it out of country. I bet it the Cusco is good, but I kinda like having support (more) locally.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:37 PM

juztinvez,

I thought the same thing before I got into it. There was no "shims" involved. And I didn't need to check any tolerances either. Pretty much just take out the old, and install the new in place. Only thing I couldn't do was check the torque of all the bolts on the final gear because we didn't have a way to hold down diff from moving (didn't want to damage it in the vice) , so we just gunned it on there good and tight.

If you have tools and some time, I say save yourself a few hundred dollars!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:07 PM

I AGREE KAAZ IS THE WAY TO GO.. GRABS LIKE INSTANTLY.. EASY TO PULL YOUR SELF THROUGH A DRIFT. I RECOMMEND IT.