New to the SR world looking for advice - S-Chassis.com

Old 07-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #1

New to the SR world looking for advice

like the title says , i recently purchased a s13 with a red top sitting on a stand and am going to start the building process, previous owner is a friend of mine and the car was done very well.
cars sitting on tien coils
J30 diff
5 Speed
nismo flywheel
brand new garrett gt2871r in a box that i will be building for

to give a little background , my first car love was a 89 240 with a ka that i rebuild and got my first taste of the gear head world , soon after i had many project cars , when i bought my latest project a 2000 camaro ss (LS1) i sold my 240 to fund building a very powerful v8 ....its been about 8 years since ive owned a 240 and ive never owned a SR (or worked on one)

my ls1 was dynod at 478 (mustang dyno)
i know that v8 and turbo 4 is a whole different type of power , but my goal is going to be 350 horse out of the SR

Before i get bashed for not "Searching" ... i have , i have spend a few days now searching and ive come up with a lot of good info... but i have learned in the past that i get more knowledge from communicating with people who have been through actually building motors and seeing whats good and what not. i enjoy getting information and input thats not from 5 years ago....

being said . I am no stranger to motor work , i am a heavy equip mechanic for a living , so wrenching is not a problem.

I encourage input on what i should be looking for in building this motor as in
can i use stock piston bearings/ mains or should that all be changed??
as far as ive been told the motor was rebuilt 40xxx miles ago with all oem parts. i just want to make a reliable , streetable 350 horse (give or take )

what size injectors should i be using with that turbo ?
Tuning software or mail tune ?
Stock intake mani ok ?
Cams?
Valves/springs?

Name:  20170712_183756.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  278.8 KB

Name:  20170723_144203.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  207.6 KB
jaredbaugh89 is offline   Reply With Quote