Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Help Suspension Is Going Haywire!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 11:04 AM

Exclamation Help Suspension Is Going Haywire!!!

Yea the car I bought came with cut springs, I guess he wanted that lowered look, but the rear suspension is so F**ked, it seriously feels like my rear end has a mind of it's own and it is going all over the place...I am afraid to drive it over 75mph in fear of dying!!!!

I got ground control coil overs and kyb agx's do you think it will cure it or is this a problem with another part of the suspenion?
Attached Thumbnails Help Suspension Is Going Haywire!!!-picture016.jpg  
Old 05-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Contributing Member

While you're under there, check your bushings and other suspension parts to see if the cut springs messed anything up. Also - the rear end feels weird? check your rear toe setting for starters.

I know my answer is a copy/paste of the one in the "cutting springs" thread, but so is your post.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:02 AM

Eibach or H & R

Hell ya she's hot.

Well anyways, I am returning the Ground Controls I got. So what is better? H&R's with AGX's, or H&R's with Koni's (with 1.3 drop) or Eibachs with AGX's, or Eibachs with Koni's (with 1.8 front drop and 1.6 rear drop). Can Anyone tell me which combination is better??
Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Eibach or H & R

Originally posted by dvasallo
Hell ya she's hot.

Well anyways, I am returning the Ground Controls I got. So what is better? H&R's with AGX's, or H&R's with Koni's (with 1.3 drop) or Eibachs with AGX's, or Eibachs with Koni's (with 1.8 front drop and 1.6 rear drop). Can Anyone tell me which combination is better??
Personally I'd go with either Eibach's and AGX or Whiteline and AGX.

"Hell ya she's hot. "
Huh?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:35 AM

ANYTHING EXTRA?

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, BUT WILL THE EIBACHS FIT RIGHT OVER THE KYB'S AGX'S?? BECAUSE THE GROUND CONTROLS WANTED ME TO CUT AWAY SOME OF THE METAL PERCH ON THE AGX'S THAT IS WHY I AM RETURNING THEM.

I PLAN TO KEEP MY SUSPENSION THE WAY I GOT THEM, SO I CAN RESELL THEM AND IF I CUT OFF THE METAL PERCH, THEN IT WILL BE HARD TO RESELL, THAT IS JUST THE WAY I THINK ABOUT PARTS FOR CARS. (BUY, REMOVE, RESELL, BUY AGAIN, UNTIL YOU GOT THE BEST PARTS)

IS YOUR GURL A DU MA?
Old 05-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Contributing Member

Re: ANYTHING EXTRA?

Originally posted by dvasallo
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, BUT WILL THE EIBACHS FIT RIGHT OVER THE KYB'S AGX'S?? BECAUSE THE GROUND CONTROLS WANTED ME TO CUT AWAY SOME OF THE METAL PERCH ON THE AGX'S THAT IS WHY I AM RETURNING THEM.

I PLAN TO KEEP MY SUSPENSION THE WAY I GOT THEM, SO I CAN RESELL THEM AND IF I CUT OFF THE METAL PERCH, THEN IT WILL BE HARD TO RESELL, THAT IS JUST THE WAY I THINK ABOUT PARTS FOR CARS. (BUY, REMOVE, RESELL, BUY AGAIN, UNTIL YOU GOT THE BEST PARTS)

IS YOUR GURL A DU MA?
Yeah... the GC's tell you to cut the perch off because they need that extra clearance for adjustment. Regular springs like Eibach and Whiteline etc. fit on shocks just like the stocks do - no cutting of anything. So, if you get Eibachs and AGX they'll go together like stock springs and stock struts. Likewise stock springs with AGXs, or Eibachs with stock struts. So no worries when you wanna sell them later - nothing is permanent, unlike with the GC's.

And my girl is 100% Filipina
Old 05-19-2004, 09:08 AM

Good choice

Thanks for the advice

Oh yea and Pinay, Good choice
Old 05-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Contributing Member

glad to help bro
Old 05-24-2004, 09:21 AM

Much Better

AHH yes feels like a tru suspension now. I had the TEIN springs with the AGX's...WOW what an improvement I can now drive without fear for my life.

BUT now there is a new problem...my speedometer is advanced and I am governing at like 100 or 110 mph...know anything to fix it? It is like when it says 90 or 95 it is more like 80 75 mph...I need to fix that I am getting smoked on the Freeway cause of that ****.

Oh yea I'll get pix of the suspension set up...it has a christamas theme to it