Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Make your 240sx/Silvia's handling better and stopping faster.

Springs VS. Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:07 PM

dont we all these days.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Contributing Member

I bought my struts new but the springs were used so I got them at a reduced price. If I were buying new struts/springs the total would have been much more than I paid so, like you said, I probably would have just waited and bought coil-overs as well so good call.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by AZdrifterS13
OK so this is a big issue i think. Everyone on this site is all about the slammed coilover but the problem of all the other people who DON"T have coils is obviously the price. Now I really want to get low, and I really want coils, but i work for minimum wage here guys so I'm on a big budget. Am I right that if you get lowering springs, you NEED better shocks, since the stockers wont be able to keep up with the increased spring rate of the springs so the ride would be crap. And then I would be spending about 400 for Megan springs, and Tokico shocks/struts. I know I know, Megan coils are only 800, but is it really worth it? Are they that good? I was planning on going with the tien FLEX coilovers eventually, but those are like 1300. So what do you guys recommend? Will I bee happy with the Megans, or do you think I will buy those and then spend even more money on the Tien's? I know this is a big issue on here so lets here it! Whats your advice??

Dude, honestly, I felt the same way you did a few months ago. I make minimum wage also and I have been trying to get coilovers for freakin forever(august). I just now have enough money and will be ordering them next week. Yea the wait sucks a fatty horse ***** but it's well worth it. Just keep putting it in the bank and let it sit, or do what I did and get a safe haha. But yea man just keep saving. It'll be worth it in the end.